˗ˋ 06

CHAPTER SIX

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH CLASSES START

. . .

Whilst the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students were to stay in their chosen types of transports during the nights they spent at Hogwarts, their classes were a different matter.

Karkaroff had decided that he would rather keep his students together, so any Durmstrang student had classes in the spare classrooms that were available that period, before eventually deciding to stay in one classroom altogether. 

But Madame Maxime, who was obviously less included within the teaching part of her school than Karkaroff, had opted to place her students in whatever classes were available for them, as proposed by Dumbledore when it came to the situation for the next few months.

Most were in Ravenclaw, but Elodie was almost delighted to find that she had been put in Gryffindor classes - which gave her the chance to talk to Fred and George more.

Obviously, since the feast a few days previously, her interactions with them had been limited, only happening due to chance or because that was where everyone else was.

But they seemed fun. And from what she had heard, she could need some fun inbetween the three tasks, which seemed rather dark. And fun meant taking her mind off of things, which was needed, as she knew she would end up laying awake worrying. 

Elodie had arrived a breakfast early and left the same way, giving herself twenty minutes to find the classroom. She found it in less than five, and pushing the door open, seeing nobody yet in there.

Hoping that maybe it was ok for her to enter, Elodie pushed the door open even further, slipping through into the classroom. It was a rather spacious room, and there were four long rows of chairs and desks, reaching across the middle of the classroom, an aisle splitting them in half in the centre.

Choosing a desk rather near the front, Elodie slipped down into the seat, placing her bag near her feet and pulling out the book she kept within it. 

Immersed in the story, Elodie didn't hear the groups of students slowly arrive in the room over the next fifteen minutes. In fact, she didn't look up until a shadow appeared over her.

"A little lost, are we?" A somewhat familiar voice asked, and Elodie looked up to see the twins. 

"Oh." She said, sitting up, folding the top corner of her page and setting her book down. "I don't think I am.. But I could be, I'm not exactly known for my ability to locate places."

"You're here for Transfiguration?" One asked, Elodie's gaze slipped over his face, spotted a freckle - it was George. 

"Yes, I am. I don't think any other Beauxbaton students are coming though." Elodie shrugged. "I hoped that you would be in the class I was out in - at least one of them."

Fred seemed to be hanging onto to every word, and it took George elbowing his twin the stomach to make him answer. 

"What?" Fred choked slightly, then glanced at his twin, then down to Elodie. "You were?" He asked, regaining his usual confidence and a smirk appearing on his lips. 

"It seems like you two are most likely going to be fun to be around." Elodie shrugged, a smirk to match Fred's threatening to bloom. She realised that in this situation, she seemed to have a lot of power.

"I suppose we are." George looked over at Fred, who nodded. "How about, after school and dinner, we take you on a tour of the castle?"

"Oh... Me and Fleur have already walked around it. But thank you for the offer." Elodie smiled, crossing her arms over her stomach,

"But you've barely seen anything." Fred burst out. "We can give you a proper tour of the castle." He slid into the chair next to Elodie. "You see, we know the castle better than anyone."

"Without a doubt, I'm sure." Elodie smiled, as the teacher burst into the room, emerald robes flowing out behind her. 

Instantly, Elodie recognised her as the teacher from the night before, who had defended Harry so fiercly. "Miss Beaumont, as I heard last night, you speak English rather well?" 

"Yes Professor." Elodie nodded as the teacher addressed her. McGonagall nodded, before doing the register, and beginning teaching. 

"What happened last night?" Fred asked, in a hissed whisper to the girl. Elodie glanced at him, then at her professor, then leant slightly back in her seat.

"Well, as much as I am sure that Harry will perform very well, I wasn't exactly sure that it was fair he is entered, as it broke several rules." Elodie told him, in a low voice. 

"So you stick to the rules most of the time?" Fred asked, and Elodie looked at him, to see that he didn't really have an expression on his face. 

"Not necessarily. I just think there is a reason for the age line - most likely because someone died last time." Elodie told him, and Fred seemed slightly taken aback. 

"They did?" George asked, leaning forward in his seat next to Fred. "How?" He continued, and Elodie shrugged.

"Fire, I think." She told them, and the twins glanced at each other, smiles widening on their faces.

"Wicked." They smiled at the same time, and Elodie shook her head, trying to focus on the work she had been set. But as she did so, it didn't help that her own words were gnawing away inside of her. 

What if it really was dangerous? Surely not, it had been over a century since the one before. And there were more rules. Elodie tried to reassure herself by doing her work.

But the only thing that really distracted her was the idea of the tour with the twins later that night. She knew she was right, the twins would be fun.