Untitled Part 16

"Happy birthday, Director Shen."

"Have another glass, Director."

"Cheers, sir."

...

Shen Qingzhou always appeared to be cold and indifferent, but that didn't mean he was an antisocial person. Although his cool hadn't changed with everyone celebrating his birthday out of goodwill, a few shy actors took this opportunity to offer him toasts.

Meanwhile, Yu Wan sat beside Xiang Zeran and ate barbecue silently. In front of her was the massive cake that some of the crew had just rolled in. 

"Bottoms up, Weiwan." Xiang Zeran turned and gestured to Weiwan after toasting a glass with a few others.

Yu Wan's tolerance wasn't anything special, but it wouldn't hurt to have a little. She picked up her wine glass, clinking it with Xiang Zeran's. "Cheers." 

"Me too, me too." Li Mengmeng hurried forwards. "Nobody's going home until they're hammered, yeah?"

"Sure." Xiang Zeran poured red wine for the two and some more for himself.

"Xiang Zeran, you better not skimp on your glass." Li Mengmeng warned.

"Same to you. Weiwan, you too..."

"Gulp, gulp..."

Xiang Zeran and Li Mengmeng glanced at each other. 

Li Mengmeng, "You've got some spunk, Weiwan. You chugged that down without even saying anything."

"Shut up, both of you. Stop with the chit-chat if you're going to drink." Yu Wan slammed her glass on the table impatiently. "Full-send it!"

Xiang Zeran raised an eyebrow in surprise. "Hell yeah, sister!"

Across, Shen Qingzhou kept toasting, one after another. His gaze drifted to Yu Wan, who kept drinking merrily with Li Mengmeng and Xiang Zeran. At that moment, Xiang Zeran said something to her. Yu Wan's smile almost reached her ears.

Shen QIngzhou's brow twitched. The sight felt uncomfortable, no matter how he looked at it. Strangely, he wondered: Did he make a mistake when casting Xiang Zeran as the protagonist?

"Qingzhou, don't drink more than you can handle. Have some cake to fill your stomach." Lin Yeyu brought a plate of cake over. "I had it custom-made. The pastry chef's really famous, you should really try it."

"Apologies, but I don't enjoy desserts." Shen Qingzhou replied icily.

Lin Yeyu stiffened. "T-Then, you should at least eat something. It's not good to only drink alcohol."