-9-

4 days later-

You tried to focus on your work over the next few days, driving to work every morning, forcing yourself to read through seemingly endless stacks of paperwork but no matter how hard you forced yourself to focus, your mind continued to drift back to Spence and his perfect smile and laugh, his soft muscles, his igniting touch. You felt heat just thinking about his lips on your skin, the marks he left on your body 'God Y/N your at work- cool it' you thought to yourself as you organized your desk. You couldn't help but bite your lip, he had called you Friday night telling you about his case in Sacramento but since then you had only received goodnight and good morning texts, you missed him. A lot. You impatiently waited for the clock to hit 4:30 so you could go home and call him, or at least leave him a voicemail. "Ms. Y/L/N" you turned, the sudden voice breaking you from your thoughts "mail," the mailman, Kennedy, handed you a few envelopes and you smiled.

"Thanks, Kennedy, you're honestly the best," you let out a sigh, and leaned back your chair sifting through the mail. Nothing new.

"Well thank you, ma'am," He said smiling joyfully, he obviously didn't get that many compliments. You nodded and waved goodbye as he pushed his cart off to the other desks. You leaned forward resting your head in your hands, going back to daydreaming about Spencer and his miraculous skills in bed. You never pinned Spencer Reid of all people to be the best sex you've ever had but I mean, you weren't complaining. You giggled to yourself and quickly forced yourself to go back to work for the last two hours of the day. 

As you were packing up your phone rang, you were ecstatic to see Spence's Icon pop up on your screen "ooh hold on pretty boy-" you said out loud as you hurriedly crammed your stuff inside your bag. You glanced around, Jayne, your coworker who sat in the cubicle next door was looking at you "sorry, I said that too loud didn't I," She nodded, half scowling at you "Well have a good day Jayne!" You said cheerfully and grabbed your phone hitting the green button right on the last ring "Hey, Spence" you said confidently walking out of the publishing firm.

"Hello, Y/N," there was a silence while you heard some muffling on the other line "Sorry, I went to the back of the jet so I don't bother the team," You laughed "I'm on my way home, I'll be there by six." You could feel his smile through the phone.

"I cant wait to see you, pretty boy." You whispered softly into the phone. You couldn't wait to see him, wrap your arms around him, kiss him, hold him. You felt butterflies in your stomach just thinking of him. 

"Hey, that's my nickname for him, babygirl" you hear a deeper, sassier voice from the other end of the line. "Derek- give me my phone back you son of a-" "who is this? Does boy genius have a girlfriend?" You paused, you realized you never asked him what you were, what were you? Friends, lovers, 'ew I hate that word' You said to yourself. Was he your...boyfriend? Well, you certainly knew each other well enough, cared for each other enough, loved each other enough.. maybe he was your boyfriend.  You liked that idea, Spener Reid was your boyfriend. "No- Derek go away." You heard Spencer's annoyed voice snap 'oh' You thought 'nevermind then'  "Sorry that was Morgan, the son of a Bi-" "Reid!" You heard who you thought was Hotch yell "Sorry sir." You laughed weakly, even though you were hurt. You really thought that you two were, well, more than just friends. More than what you were before, but maybe it just was a worthless heat of the moment hookup, maybe it really truly meant nothing. 

"So, uh, dinner at my place?" you asked nervously pulling at the sleeve of your trench coat. 

"How about my place, I need to unpack so you can over while I do that and then we can eat," he sounded so confident in his plan, you mumbled a quick Sure, sounds great and waited until he said something "Y/N, Emily needs me to work on something, I'll call you when I'm home. See you in a bit," Your finger hovered over the hang-up button "uh hey, Y/N?" you paused "I- Wear something a little nice if you want- like uhm a dress or something-" He sounded so nervous telling you what to do "I- I want this to be like- our first" his voice dropped to barely a whisper "date.. If that's what you want." You felt a small smile creep across your face, maybe you weren't wrong after all.

"Of course, sounds great...Boy genius" you added smirking through the phone, you heard him laugh and you could tell it was an authentic, happy laugh. The kind you wish you could listen to over and over and over again until you die. 

A/N sooooooo- thoughts? if you think this story is getting climatic (which idk if it is) oh honey we've only scratched the surface. I HAVE SO MUCH PLANNED. anyways thank you for being patient! I love you *kisses*