20

It was about 10am and I was sitting on Madelyn and I's balcony sipping on coffee while scrolling through my phone before I had to get ready for work.

"Hey," Madelyn said as she slid open the door that connected the balcony and inside.

"Hey," I smiled looking up at her from my chair that was near the corner of our balcony.

"How'd you sleep?" she asked sitting in the other chair on the balcony next to me, setting her plate of food on the small table between us.

"Meh," I said setting down my coffee.

"Why?"

"Drew and I finally talked about what we are last night and I just couldn't stop thinking about it"

"That doesn't sound good"

"We just agreed that we can't do long distance and that this is probably just a summer fling"

"And you don't want that?"

"I don't know what I want but I know I like being with him"

"Did you tell him that?"

I shook my head.

"Maggie!"

"What?"

"Tell him!"

"I don't think I should, I think I should just let it go and enjoy the next three months with him"

"What ever you think is best," she said taking a sip of her coffee.

"I just don't know what to do Maddie," I sighed running my hands through my hair.

"Well how about we ask Jonas if we can take his boat out? Girls day? You me, Bailey, Lilah and Elaine?" she suggested.

"That sounds amazing," I said looking over at her with a smile.

"I gotta go get ready but it's a plan!"

"See you in 30 to leave?"

"You know it," she smiled taking a bite of her toast and disappearing into the apartment.

The next few days were easy and went by fast, I didn't go out with the group at all, I focused on work and honestly just tried to avoid Drew for a bit.

Right now it was about ten at night and I was sitting at my kitchen counter going through papers and working on stuff for the show before there was a knock on the door.

Everyone was out, who the heck is here?

"Who is it?" I called not moving.

"Drew"

I sighed.

"Come in," I pulled my leg back up to my chest and ran my hand through hair as he entered. We should probably get better at locking our door.