31

The last month seemed never ending, I applied to jobs everyday, not hearing back from half of them. Maddie was constantly doing audition videos in our living room or she was with Chase, the two of them had become inseparable. It was adorable.

"Maddie!" I called from the kitchen counter.

"What?" she yelled from her room.

"If I was an animal what would I be?" I asked reading the question from my computer screen.

"Huh?" she said entering the room.

"It's one of the questions on the application," I explained, pointing at my laptop screen.

"What's this one for?" she asked standing behind me, putting her hands on the back of my chair.

"Vogue editing assistant," I sighed.

"That's so far from stylist to the stars"

"I just need a job, at this point I'd be a janitor for Vogue if it meant I'd get paid"

"Hey, this one could lead you to being editor in chief!" she said trying to be optimistic.

"I just want Amanza Balaro to call me back," I wined, crossing my arms over my chest and leaning back.

"That's the celebratory stylist in New York right?" she asked, walking around into the kitchen. I nodded.

"Or the job as a merchandiser at Channel," I continued. 

"Also in New York?"

I nodded.

"Or, ooo, the editorial styling job at Vogue!"

"Also New York, why do you want to leave me so badly?" she teased.

"Maddie, you know New York has always been my goal, it's the fashion capitol," I said before my computer beeped.

"What was that?" she asked as she turned on the stove.

"Twitter notification," I said clicking the notification on my screen.

My screen loaded up Twitter, "I was tagged in something," I said scrolling.

A photo of Drew and some blonde sitting at lunch in LA took over my screen, there hands were very close on the table and they seemed to be laughing.

"No," I said under my breath as I kept scrolling, I covered my mouth with my hand, "No"

"What is it?" Maddie asked rushing over to me.

"You're lying," she said as she turned the computer to her and scrolled, "I'm going to fucking kill him!"

"Woah, woah let's not kill anyone," Chase laughed entering our apartment, this had become a daily thing.

"Look!" Maddie said turning the computer to him. He walked over to look at it.

I just sat there with my legs to my chest, just thinking, staring at the counter. I was crushed, why did this always happen?