chapter thirty- three

Marco's POV

It's been a couple of weeks, ever since that night, I could not get enough of her. I was very touchy and would occasionally pull her into a closet. We would have quality time.

It was also getting closer to our biggest mission yet. I would stay late going over the plans. Thinking of every possible thing that could go wrong. Ever since Carlos died along with other of my men, people looked forward to this. The recruits would also be helping so we had been trying to teach them. Each day they were improving.

Sage was doing really good as well, she ranked high. I looked into the girl Elizabeth, her father sold us out. My dad explained the situation and he said to not take it out on her. I wouldn't, she would come over sometime to hang out with Lucia or Sage.

Today was Saturday, I had a special surprise for Sage. Since we don't get a lot of time. I was going to take her out to dinner. She was going to get back from training any minute. I was just finishing up signing a couple of things Kane gave me. He was also close in my group who would be joining us in the fight. He has been here quite a lot.

I heard steps walk up, she was flawless. I walked out walking behind her. "Amore get ready, we are leaving in an hour. Enough time to get ready" she turned confused "Dress formal" she didn't ask questions.

I headed downstairs, I had got dressed previously. "Ragazzino" it was my ma "Mama va tutto bene" (Is everything okay?) she laughed "Sì sì, tu e Sage uscite" I nodded "Presto avrò un nipote" (Will I have a grandchild soon) stood up "Mama we aren't married"

"Figlio, hai bisogno di un erede" (Son you need an heir) stood my dad "I know papa, in time" Sage finally came down. Tonight was the night.

Me and her arm over mine. I walked her to the car and set her in, she was in this black dress, it was her color. "Where are we going love" I looked over "Dinner" she had come along way. She is happy, I am happy. We understood each other and for once everything my papa said about meeting the one was true. 

We pulled up to the venue, it was a new restaurant. It apparently was good. I gave the keys to the valet and heading in with Sage on my arm. "This place is so pretty" she was everything

We sat down, ordered. Food came out and it was delicious. Her dad's year was coming up. "Tonight has been perfect thank you Marco" A smile crept on my face "I know work has been busy with planning, I honestly am nervous as the day comes near"

"Why are you nervous" her smile dropped "We will all be fighting, people will die it won't be easy Marco of course I am nervous." what? "You're not going" he smiled and dropped "Yes I am, I am a part of this too, I will be by your side if it makes you feel better. You are not going without me."

"Sage you are not going, I won't be alone I will have my sisters and brother with me" she shook her head, downing her wine "Like it or not I am going" she was upset, "I said no" she just sat there "I said yes" I called for the check. I paid, we both got up, Sage walked in front at a fast pace.

Once the car approached she got in, slamming the fucking door. We drove silent "Sage'' finally breaking the silence "No, I am going you arnt going to stop me. You can have me by your side or you can go with Lucia and them, I will stay with my group but I AM going" I pulled over, on the side of the road, and got out.

"Sage you can die, do you not get that." she scoffed "I can die, YOU CAN Die, Marco, I can't lose you, so if you go I go. We are in this together" I shook my head "No" she paced back and forth "MARCO"

"SAGE, I will NOT lose you. I am IN FUCKING LOVE WITH YOU. I will not" she froze, that was not how that was supposed to go. "Marco... You don't have to say it back Sage, you should know that I do love you."

"Marco I won't let you go in alone, I know you want to protect me but if I lose you, I will hurt in the worst way possible. I will be useless at home, we go together" she grabbed my hand "I will take every precaution, I promise just please let me be with you" I was shaking my head, she was right. Rezo was right it is her choice. but am I willing to lose her no.

"Sage, here" I handed her a small box, she opened it "I am not proposing don't worry. I got this to remind you that I love you even if I'm not there, you can come. Only and only if you are truly ready" she looked confused "If you can take down one of my men, then you can come" she agreed

 Only and only if you are truly ready" she looked confused "If you can take down one of my men, then you can come" she agreed

We headed home, if she did this, took down one of my men then she would be in forever. It was the final test. It was not easy. She knew that, she wore her ring on her right hand. Middle finger of course, that or her ring finger.

I loved her, and even if she wasn't able to tell me yet. I knew she did. When we got home, she headed to the room got changed, and went to the balcony. I walked in, she was deep in thought. "Amore is everything okay" a little tear fell "Yea"

"Why are you crying," I thought tonight went perfect besides a little altercation "My dad passed away almost a year ago, it will be a year after the mission, he is no longer with me, when I look up he always seems to be here" I hugged her from hugged her from behind. "Then we can stay for as long as you want"

I grabbed a chair, sat down, and pulled her on me. She got up and grabbed a blanket, she snuggled into me just looking up "Marco" she looked at me "He would've loved you" she loved him "I love you, Marco, I have been in love with you for a while. You make me happy, you make me want to live and not give up because of you Marco I have something to be scared of"

"S-scared of dying, you have given me something to live for. I love you too" she was curled into a ball "I love you Sage more than the world itself" I placed a kiss on her head. She slowly fell asleep. I carried her to the bed and set her down. I got in next to her and slept. Today I will always remember.