chapter thirty-six

Sage's POV

I got home around eight, Marco and I pulled up at the same time. I parked in his spot on purpose. I got out while laughing internally. I ran inside and I was a mess. My tears stained my cheeks. At first, I walked in and Rezo looked at me. I realized I looked bad.

Marco walked in after all I heard was "What did you do to her" I started to laugh. Soon after you heard loud steps towards the room. I was already in the restroom, wiping my face.

"Baby what's wrong" I smiled half my face cleaned "I went to my dad's grave today, and talked to him. It hurt, he is dead, and seeing it made it real. I guess I never faced it till now." he just held me.

"We should do something today" I laughed and nodded. "You know we should go stargazing" he looked confused. "Get changed into something comfy and meet me in the car." I finished wiping off my makeup and putting on some sweatpants with a cropped tank top, with a baggy sweater.

I grabbed a blanket, stuffed it in the back, and also hid the bag. I strapped in, he was walking down. He got in and we headed out.

We drove a good hour, with guards just in case they were behind us. We did stop twice, to get gas, ice cream, and to get fast food. We pulled up to this open field, we both got out "What are we doing" I stuffed the ring in my pocket.

Set the blanket down. Put all the food out, I was laughing "What?" I just kept on "It's just the night we met, I had ice cream and chick-fa-la in my car and now we are here with the same things." he smiled.

We sat down and began eating after I grabbed the tub of ice cream. sat between his legs. His arms around me. "I love you Sage so much, I hope you remember that" I turned around "Are you going somewhere" he shook his head "No I just want you to remember" I sat up "Baby I will always love you no matter what"

We sat there eating ice cream, looking at the stars. "Sage" I sat up, and turned "Yes my love"

"What are your thoughts on marrige"

"Like me and you", he nodded "I would love to get married to you"

"What about kids?" I smiled "Yea, I suppose. how many do you want"

"I was thinking 5-7" my eyes popped open "What about four"

He shook his head, "At least six, compromise" I laughed

"Five", "Seven", "You just keep going up" he nodded

"Six, what about names?" he smiled

"Estella for a girl, Aideen for a boy maybe"

"Okay I can work with that, what about Seraphina for a girl and boys Caelum or Hollis" he smiled "Those are good names amore"

"I know, since we are talking about things I have a surprise well two" his face dropped "I don't like surprises" I smiled "I also know that"

I got up and walked a little away and pulled it out of my pocket. I also was scared of the other one. You see when I got my mark I also got another tattoo. It was a rose and on the stem, it says, Marco.

The rose was for his last name 'Rosa' and Marco well that is his name, I have been hiding it from him for months. I have been wearing long sleeves around him when sleeping. During activities, I would hide my arm. He never noticed, I was really proud, it was on the side of my forearm.

It was really pretty, I walked back to him and sat down. He looked a little scared "What?" he just stood still "What's the surprise" I smiled "You secretly love surprises" I sat down and pulled out a box.

"I got you this" he opened it "You got me one and well now here" I smiled "Sage are you proposing" I shook my head "No it's a promise ring" he smiled "Good cause I was hoping to be the one to propose"

I took his hand "I promise that one day we will get married, and have six kids, and grow old together. Till we get old and die, which then we still are together. With that said I also will promise you this if you ever try and leave I will personally kill you." I smiled.

He took the ring and put it on his finger. "I love you Marco" he smiled "I love you too, can I ask what my other surprise is" Oh shit I forgot. I got up and took off my sweater "Sage it is cold you are going to get-" he saw it. He pulled me down and turned my arm, getting a close look. "Sage" I really hope this isn't weird "I love it" he kissed my arm.

"Now put your jacket on before you get sick" I did so and we sat there. Laid down together. Knowing next week we will attack the Americans. "You will never leave" he nodded "I will never leave"

"If next week goes wr- Sage let's all not talk about okay? We are here together that's all that matters" he kissed my head. I laid on his chest staring at the sky.

After a while I fell asleep, Marco packed everything up and placed me in the car. I fell asleep again, he had one hand on the wheel the other on my hand.

When we got home, he went upstairs. I went to the kitchen for some water. I was met with Enzo "Sage it's been a while" I laughed "Yes, getting into the business is always busy"

"I am happy for you two, this is the happiest he has been" I smiled "Me too, he makes me happy. I love him"

"I know this is a weird question, but do you guys plan on getting married, I see you have the ring and well there still has been no announcement." I smiled

"We do plan on getting married, we just don't want to rush into it I guess. I am ready if he asks, I am ready to be married. Never been so sure in my life" he came over and hugged me

"I know you lost your dad, Marco told me. I want you to know that I am here for anything, I can't replace your dad but I do have lots of wisdom. Including the relationships" I laughed

"Thank you, Enzo, for everything. Letting me stay and being so kind. I do truly love your son." I walked away and headed upstairs.

I walked in, he jumped out and scared me. "Amore you look ravishing" he is horny should have known. "I do huh?" I took my shirt off. He threw me on the bed and well we went from there.