Chapter 7: Hinata's decision

Sasuke’s POV

She’s talking to her father. It doesn't look like a pleasant conversation. She‘s running away now. Tss. Now I have to follow her.

"Itachi… I have her!" I told him over the radio.

"Great… Keep following her!"

"Sure!" I ran after her. She doesn't seem to notice me. She's pretty upset. Suddenly she stopped. I thought she fell into Sasori's trap, but she's probably too smart for that.

"Someone’s following me." She finally noticed me. She used a smoke bomb and disappeared from me. So annoying. But… I am Uchiha! With my keen eyes, I noticed traces of what was left of her and followed them. Don’t understaminate sight of Uchihas! Even though we have good eyesight up close. Hyuugas are known for good distance vision. She must have seen a place to hide and prepare for me. I guess I'll have to risk it. I'd rather pull out my katana if she attacked me. Now I was just following the tracks.

*shoot*

*shoot*

Two shots not so far from me. She is sniper. She could kill me if she wanted to. But I guess she’s softie or she’s going against her father’s wishes. Anyway, now I know where she’s hiding! I sneaked in secretly and stood at her from behind with a katana in my hand. She just stood there.

"I see you took off that worthless mask. I’m sorry, but I have to kill you." She… smirked?

"You too?" she said and her palm hit my throat. At the same time, she kicked the katana out of my hand. I wouldn’t expect this from her.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, my father told me to kill at least one of you with a surprise attack. But… I don’t want to do this. That’s why I ran away."

"Baka, now you gave me a chance to kill you!"

"Heh, I… don’t regret anything. Just do it," she said and handed me my katana. In the end, I didn't even need a gun. After all, the bullets are better reflected with Katana.

"I won’t disappoint Itachi and my father. Any last wishes?"

"I wish… I could hear his laugh for the last time…"

"I can't do that for you."

"As I knew. Come on, Neji-nii-san will be here shortly." Tss. She doesn’t make it easy for me.

"Three… Two… One…" I was about to slit her throat.

"WAIIIT, SASUKEEE!!!" That annoying voice. It must be…

"Naruto, don’t get in my way. It’s none of your business!" I ignored him and did it again, but the one I cut was Naruto.

"Naruto?!"

"Sasuke, stop it-!" I cut his shoulder. He was bleeding a lot. Hinata opened her eyes.

"Naruto-kun?" She turned and saw him. Naruto knelt in front of her, bloodied.

"Naruto-kunnnn!!!" She yelled. Only now did I realize what I had done.

"It’s… too late, Hinata. I’m sorry…"

"Keep this crap for someone else!" Hinata… cursed? No way! I looked at her. She was hugging him. But Naruto was unconscious.

"I… won’t let that happen!" she said and took her belt. She strangled Naruto's shoulder so that he wouldn't bleed so much. When I saw it, I knew I couldn't give it up so easily.

"What can I do?" I asked. Now we have to cooperate or our friend will surely die.

"Can you take him to hospital? I don’t know if I can do this…" She knew Neji is on his way.

"Itachi will understand. So I'm going…" I took Naruto on my back. He was heavy. I had a perfect chance to kill her and make my father proud. But… I would lose my friend. That's not very pleasing. Plus, I feel like Naruto is the only one who really understands me. But why did he find himself here? How did he get here?

This was secret. But wait… It must have been someone who didn't take part in this comedy… Someone who couldn't be hurt by this meeting and wanted to use Naruto… To find out what he is actually capable of… Only Obito could think of this. That bastard. He had a reason not to come here… He has his own plans, which also apply to Naruto.

"Itachi, can you lend me our helicopter?" Yes, the reason we are so far away is that we are hiding bigger weapons here. Including a helicopter.

"Wait, Sasuke… What happened? You should kill…"

"It doesn’t matter now! My friend is dying here!"

"I understand! I'll be with you in a minute!" One of the reasons I like Itachi is that he immediately understands the situation and doesn't ask questions. I saw him land in a moment.

"Sorry I'm late! Father didn't want to let me go. They hadn't even met the Hyuugas yet. Neither side seems to be thinking of an agreement…"

"I knew that before we arrived!" Itachi quickly got out of the helicopter and helped me load Naruto.

"How did you get here?"

"It was that bastard Obito, believe me." Itachi was lost in thoughts.

"Request to add Sasuke to his own committee…"

"Does he want to…?"

"Itachi?! What’s the matter with you? We have to go!"

"You are right. Let’s go!"

"Hold on, Naruto!" I said. Right now it’s the only thing I can say to him.

"Hinata…" He said from his unconsciousness. I see.