20 | ♛ | Ghost Of Alexandersons Past

T W E N T Y
ghost of alexandersons past

T W E N T Yghost of alexandersons past

A.E.A

THE PAST WEEK HAD flown by with Christmas being upon us in three days' time, today was the last working day.

While I still had a few gifts to wrap, I wasn't complaining because a long off is just what I craved.

After Adrian had fully recovered he'd fought with me and refused to stay home another day "I'm not sitting here while you get to deal with all the work and I can't drink another one of Mrs Carson's ginger shots." had been his precise words.

We'd settled into a comfortable routine since and when at nights one of us found ourselves in the others awaiting arms and woke up with intertwined limbs, we didn't discuss it.

Although I knew that at some point we'd have to.

I sigh at the thought, knocking once, I enter Adrian's office without waiting for an answer, finding Adrian massaging the muscles of his neck.

His eyes fly open hearing my entrance.

Glaring, I cross my hands over my chest "I saw that."

His smirk does nothing to hide the evident fatigue tainting those seafoam eyes, evidently, I'm not the only one desperate for a break "Saw what?"

"It wouldn't kill you to take care of yourself every now and then-in fact it would do quite the opposite." I tell him, watching him close the files spewed in front of him before righting his pens and fixing me with a look.

"That sounds real nice coming from you." Adrian fires back, making me stare at him in exasperation but no retort comes to my lips because he's right.

Instead of acknowledging defeat, I change the topic, naturally "Is this your way of prolonging going to the last meeting of the day?" his lips twitch, noticing my tactic but thankfully not commenting upon it.

Wordlessly he stands up, rolling down the sleeves of his shirt and almost making me protest when he slips on his blazer and transforms into formal Adrian, one who means business, those once teasing eyes turn serious.

Extending his hand for me to take, he smirks "Ready to make a fashionably late appearance?"

Rolling my eyes, I take my husband's hand, nerves and senses awakening like they always do near him "As if you'd ever be late."

We enter the meeting room hand in hand, greeting everyone before taking our seats and commencing the only hurdle that separated me from my precious break.

Minutes drag by while deliberation gets tossed back and forth like a ball in court regarding the best method we could use to maximise the reach of our newest release in minimal time.

"How about we bring in a fresh face to advertise, you know how far celebrity influence spreads." Chase suggests, receiving a hum of interest flow around the blackwood table but I stay silent, watching him since he hadn't brought anything up of the sort when we were brainstorming earlier for this meeting.