09 | ♛ | Masks

N I N E
masks

N I N Emasks

A.E.C

"CEL, PUNCTUALITY IS NOT your forte." I remark, looking back at the brunette with an exasperated expression, motioning for her to hurry.

"It takes time to look this good, Ard. And if looking like this means I get to make a fashionable late entrance, so be it," Cel retorts with a playful wink, strutting unhurriedly in her maroon gown. The sleeveless mermaid silhouette accentuates her curves, making her look every inch a princess.

Before I can come up with a snappy comeback, Ryver's smooth voice interrupts with a drawled way of announcing his presence "The way you two look almost makes up for the fact that you're late."

Cel shoots me a triumphant smirk "What'd I tell you?" I suppress a groan of agitation when Ryver adds, "Almost being the keyword," effectively melting Celeste's smirk into a glare.

"Ryver, why don't you escort Cel to the party? I'll be up with Adrian shortly," I suggest, hoping to diffuse any further arguments and silently sending a prayer of gratitude when Ryver silently holds out his arm for Cel to grudgingly take.

Only then do I realize, as I watch their backs rounding the corner, that I do not, in fact, know where my fiancé actually is.

Just as I'm about to search for him, his low voice makes me jump. "Good evening, fiancée," Adrian murmurs from behind.

With a hand against my thundering heart, I turn to reprimand Adrian "Don't do that, you scared the ever-loving shit out of me." But he doesn't acknowledge my words. Instead, his eyes roam over my form, taking in my off-white gown.

His gaze lingers on the silver crystal embellished piping that lines the sensual teardrop-shaped cuts. The most prominent one starts at the neckline and gracefully swoops down the chest to connect with two additional cuts on either side of the abdomen that extend down to the hips. 

The material of the dress cascades down to my feet, the skirt is neither too loose nor too clingy, and the sleeves are long, reaching the wrists to balance all the bare skin with a touch of modesty and elegance. This is, after all, a launch party. 

"You are gorgeous." his throat works in a swallow, a storm brewing in his eyes.

He himself looks immaculate as ever in a white button-up shirt, with two of the buttons left undone at his throat. The black suit jacket and perfectly fitted pants complement his tall frame flawlessly.

Damn him.

Clearing my throat, I scramble for a reply, settling for "Thank you but we really should get moving or else we'll be late for our own company celebration."

He pushes off from the wall he was leaning against and in a similar manner as Ryver's holds out his arm for me to loop mine in "Masks on Ard." is all he says as we step into the elevator that will take us to the rooftop where Blair organised the event.