13 | ♛ | I Do

T H I R T E E N
i do

T H I R T E E N i do

A.E.C

THE HAMMERING IN MY head had thankfully reduced to a light thud by the time we had reached the venue.

We'd been transported to Villa Crepuscolo via boat and as soon as I'd stepped into the mystical castle my jaw had dropped and I'd immediately taken off my sunglasses to take everything in.

The preparations were well underway, about to end by the looks of it because the entire place was already decked out in a manner I'd dreamed of and more.

The vast grounds at the side of the estate are practically a large terrace hanging over the glimmering water and would serve as the ceremony area, it's adorned with lush floral arrangements, featuring dark-hued roses, cascading orchids, and delicate lilies. 

My breath hitches when the aisle comes into view. The midnight blue carpet is lined with cylindrical silver lanterns and tall candle holders to illuminate the path, they're entwined with twisting roses so rich in colour they look to be made out of the deepest of reddish-purple velvet and Silver Brunia accents, on either side are the chairs, all leading up to the raised landing acting as the altar.

A captivating archway awaits, interwoven with vines and adorned with lights in front of which the vows will be exchanged but the structure doesn't take away from the view of the expansive horizon meeting the brilliant water that will frame us. 

Gauzy glittering material swoops from the stone railings, swaying with the wind with large, ornate candelabras with antique silver finishes framing the altar, adding an elegant and regal touch. The trees that line the corners have hanging celestial glass installations, cascading down from the branches in elaborate bursts, mimicking shooting stars.

We move into the reception area which is another hanging terrace but this one is entirely made of stone and my awe only increases because the sight before me is nothing short of breathtaking with fairy lights strung to mimic a starry night sky, creating a celestial canopy that would bathe the space in a soft, ethereal glow. 

Crystal chandeliers are spaced over the tables which are draped in luxurious satin with velvet table runners and centrepieces featuring enchanted forest elements, such as moss-lined branches, crystal balls and twinkling fairy lights.

Now that the excitement of seeing the space had settled, I was still trying to fill the puzzle that had been last night. 

I know that I had spent a good part of my supposed bachelorette party out on the beach and I had pieced Adrian's presence with me but everything in between lay missing.

"Stop furrowing your brows, you'll get wrinkles on your wedding day." Cel lightly flicks the place between my brows, careful not to ruin my makeup yet I still glare at her, swatting her hands away "And you'll make my brow hair fall off."