01 | ♛ | Pied Piepers

O N E
pied pipers

O N Epied pipers

A.E.C

I WAS IN MONACO when I got to know about my family's death.

It was in an eleven hour and ten minute flight when the news of me being the heir of Clarke Industries spread like wildfire.

I was in New York when I officially accepted my claim to my family's business legacy.

  o n e   m o n t h   l a t e r 

I flip through the endless pages of the leather-bound folder, my eyes skimming over the detailed paragraphs which hold details regarding our potential business partners and their recent activities until a soft knock steals my attention.

Looking up, I smile at the sight of a blonde head popping in through the door "Mr Alexanderson and his sons are in the C6 meeting room as I speak." Chase delivers the news I've been waiting to hear all day now.

Closing the folder with a thud, I exit my office alongside my assistant, the sharp clicks of Louboutins against the Calacatta marble strengthen my stride by acting as my preferred genre of music.

"Here's to hoping we finally get this deal done and over with." I mutter.

The answering sigh Chase lets out is not surprising "I'm still not convinced that launching a joint unit through an arranged marriage is the most lucrative of deals." he makes no efforts to conceal his distaste.

Ever since I first entered the skyscraper that is Clarke Co as its official chief executive, I knew I wanted Chase to help me find my place in the corporate world, a decision I didn't take solely because we were a part of the same generation but also because he had been my batchmate at Ailes Academy and I was aware of his commitment and brain.

While I never anticipated occupying the chair of the highest position in my father's company, I was far from clueless seeing as Business Administration had been my minor in university and that I had practically grown up in conference rooms, among men in bespoke suits and sticks up their asses.

Not to mention what lessons Samuel Clarke instilled in his first child, Elliana Clarke, were the same ones he orated to his youngest, me.

Consequently, when the eleven members of the board of directors were left scrambling over what to do next, I made sure that they were aware of all these facts, and that I was not to be dismissed.

This media conglomerate was a direct result of my great grandfather's tireless efforts and was my father's pride and joy, I would not be the Clarke to hinder its promising legacy.

"The profit margin slides are in the presentation, something you should know seeing as you helped draft it." Is my monotonous reply.

"You sure you want to do this?" he tries, once again.