05 | ♛ | Special Delivery

F I V E
special delivery

F I V Especial delivery

A.E.C

I RESIST THE URGE to yell "Finally!" as I watch everyone file out the meeting room.

Falling back in my chair, I dig my hands in my hair, massaging my scalp and briefly closing my eyes only to find them sting when I do so.

The meeting had come to an end and I was now free for the day, I could cry in joy.

At this rate, I have no idea what I'm going to do when I start co-running the collaborative unit aswell.

Grabbing my purse, I take out my phone and my heart does a somersault as my eyes fall on Blair's reply.

Blair : I'd love to!

Blair : Can I bring Ryver along? He won't stop whining.

I grin, replying in affirmative and telling her that Celeste would be joining along. Seconds after sending the messege another messege pops up, this time from Caspian.

Casp : I'm joining you four for brunch. My heart hurts that you didn't think of inviting me panda :(

Chuckling, I answer.

Me : I was about to! Promise. And wasn't it lunch just a text earlier?

Casp : Mmhm. Changed it to brunch. Will your fiancé be joining us? ;)

My eyes widen at the messege. If all of us go to lunch and exclude Adrian it would definitely raise questions. I hadn't even thought about this. Great, I already suck at the act of being a good fiancée. Sighing, I continue to type.

Me : Of course. Do you really expect me to leave him out?

Casp : You can't see me but I just cringed.

Me : Such dramatics.

I put my phone away as Chase enters the room, a familiar navy-coloured bag in his hand. I sit up attentively at the sight, my eyes practically glued to the bag.

"Adrian sent this for you." He mutters holding it up and looking at it weirdly.

I take it from him and peer inside, finding a small box which dangerously resembles a box you'd put a ring in along with a long rectangular box. I gingerly take out both and fear tearing up at the sight of the bigger box which is an assortment of La Maison du Chocolat chocolates-my favourite.