09 | ♛ | Fittings

N I N E
fittings

N I N Efittings

A.E.C

THIRTY MINUTES LATER THE girls and I find ourselves being led to a room in Antoinette Atelier. 

Refined opulence oozes from the entire space, plush sage blue carpeted floors offset the cream-coloured walls, full of natural light due to the massive windows rendering the hanging chandelier futile, I'd expected nothing less from the world-renowned fashion house.  

Though my eyes ignore every detail of the room and instead fixate on the two gorgeous, jaw-dropping dresses placed in the centre, grandly displayed by mannequins. My sporadic heartbeats seem to stop altogether before beginning anew. Eyes widening, mouth parting...I think I'm in love. 

"Two dresses?" I ask, managing to tear my gaze away to stare at my grinning friends, who are practically bouncing with glee at my bewildered reaction.

"Did we completely fail to mention that we were having two dresses made?" Cel beams at Blair who plays along "How silly of us! Well better late than never..Ard, you have two dresses. One for the ceremony and one for the reception."

I hadn't expected them to go to such extents, which was stupid on my part because this is Celeste Marshall and Blair Alexanderson we're talking about, I should've known they'd go all out-and when I say all out, I mean all-fucking-out.

"How did I not see this coming." Shaking my head, I walk closer to the two magnificent works of art, wanting to admire their glory.

One of the dresses has a ball gown silhouette while the other has a tight figure-hugging silhouette with an overskirt trailing behind it. Both of them are stunning.

"Okay now for the fun part, try them on!" Celeste claps her hands together, her eyes bright with excitement just as a woman enters the room-one whom I would recognise immediately even if it weren't for the iconic head of grey slash white shoulder length hair and pearl broach.

"This, by the way, is Maeve Antoinette." Blair gestures to the woman who gives me a bright smile which I return "The woman who managed to tolerate both Cel and I and made our every wish, which was more like a demand, come true."

Chuckling, I shake her hand, more than happy to meet the designer I chose for my wedding dress-well, dresses "It's lovely to meet you, Miss Antoinette." just s tiny bit star-struck. 

"The pleasure is all mine, my dear, I'm glad to finally be acquainted with the bride who went for such an unorthodox route." A good-natured look towards both Blair and Cel at that who just grin toothily at her "And please call me Maeve."