crying is healthy

a/n: writers block sucks so here's a filler. also this just hit 1k.. is it that good? 🧍‍♀️ tysm for reading and commenting 😚

practice goes on without a hitch, the boys are now picking up the nets and changing.

"y/n, get off of asahi!" haya yells when she sees you clinging onto the ace's back.

"but he's so comfy!" you call out.

"doesn't mean you can just latch onto him like a sloth." she rolls her eyes.

you place your chin on his shoulder and lazily look  at him.

"do you mind?" you ask him.

he blushes and starts stuttering, "i-i don't mind, as long as you're comfortable, you're not hurting me."

you pick your head up from his shoulder and look at him with wide eyes.

"wait that was really sweet." you say tearing up.

"why am i crying?!" you say with tears running down your face.

he starts to cry too.

"why are you crying now?!"

you detach yourself from his back and hug him.

"IM HEAR FOR MY BEAUTIFUL BEST FRIEND!" a voice shouts from the door of the gym.

you hear foot steps coming towards you at a fast pace, "babygirl why are you crying? and why is jesus crying too?!"

"he's too sweet." you sob while hugging the ace.

"y/n is so nice." the large teen hugs you back.

kai starts tearing up as well.

"this is-" he's cut off by you and asahi adding him to the hug.

as the three of you are crying you hear someone talking with sugawara, daichi, and haya.

"why are they crying?" daichi asks.

"y/n can be very emotional. her and kai share, i guess the word would be a connection??, with their emotions. when one goes down the other goes down as well." fuji explains.

the boys nod to show that they understand.

"asahi is a big softie." suga says looking at the trio in a group hug, crying.

"should we pull them away from each other?"

"no. they're bonding." haya giggles.

they turn their heads to see the three of you singing the chorus to hikarunara, swaying back and forth.

"dear god." kinnoshita mumbles watching from the bench.

"we should definitely separate them now." daichi sighs, setting down his water bottle.

fuji, daichi, and sugawara walk over to the crying teens to pull them apart.

fuji grabs kai by the waist and pulls him back a few feet. sugawara grabs and carries you bridal style also back a few feet. daichi puts an arm around asahi's shoulder to console him.

"i think i can speak for everyone when i say that these three are not allowed to be together unsupervised." haya says while biting the inside of her cheek to hold back her laughter at the sight.

kai being hugged by his boyfriend, you're being held like a baby by sugawara, and asahi has his head on daichi's shoulder.

"i agree, we don't need them breaking into tears for no reason."

"there was a reason!" you defend between sobs.

"and that is?" sugawara asked.

"i- uh- HORMONES." you state, with a single sniffle at the end.

"i- sis calm down." haya laughs.

"what did i miss?" nishinoya asks, walking out of the locker room.

he looks at asahi, kai, and most importantly, you with red noses, tear stained faces, and sugawara holding you.

"what happened here?" he asks with wide eyes.