2

"Miss Hwang Yeji?"

As soon as she heard her name, she quickly walks towards the front desk confidently in her corporate attire, "Yes, ma'am. I'm Hwang Yeji." She bows down.

"Great. You may now go to the 11th floor, the first door on the left. You'll meet the interviewer there." The woman informs her.

Yeji nods with a smile, "Thank you."

She proceeds to the elevator when suddenly, the woman at the front desk called her again. "Miss Hwang!"

She turns around to look at the woman, "Ah, yes?" Yeji asks politely.

"Good luck!" The woman laughs and raises her fist in the air.

Yeji finds it kinda weird, but she just smiles and bows to her in return.

Her heart began to beats faster as the number of elevators increases. Yeji suddenly remembers the woman at the front desk. Maybe, she's warning her because their boss has a bad attitude. It's so nerve-wracking.

By the way, Yeji is applying for a secretarial job.

Time passes so quickly, Yeji is already standing in front of the door. So she knocks like two times, and the door opens automatically. Yeji was amazed by how technologically advance this building is.

She steps inside the room and her eyes immediately landed on a woman, who is sitting on the office chair. Yeji couldn't see the woman's face because it was blocked by the folder that the woman was reading.

Yeji cleared her throat first, trying to compose herself before speaking up, "Uh.. Good day, I'm--"

"You're the new applicant?"

Yeji swallows a big lump and became more nervous when she heard the coldness in the interviewer's voice.

But wait, her voice is kinda familiar? Yeji thought to herself, but she just let it slide. "I'm asking you." The interviewer says sternly.

"Oh.. Ah.. Yes, M-miss I-i'm--"

"Are you a freaking robot or something?" The interviewer blurts out with annoyance. And damn, Yeji was stuttering so bad.

The interviewer doesn't even bother to look at Yeji, which the latter find it rude. The woman is still staring at the folder. Is this the new way of interviewing someone? What kind of company is this?

"I'm talking to you. Why the hell you're not answering me?"

Oh god, Yeji wants to get out of the office already. Her whole body is trembling and couldn't utter a single word. Goddamn it, Yeji!

"I'm s-sorry, Miss." Those were the only words that Yeji can say. Well, she just doesn't know what to say.

To be honest, this is not her. Yeji is a very confident woman, but hearing the interviewer's voice causes her to freeze on her track.

"Don't waste my time. What's your name?" The interviewer asks her again, and by the tone of her voice, Yeji could really tell that the woman is already mad at her.

But before Yeji could even utter a word, the interviewer shut her off.

"You know what. Leave my office now. You're just wasting my time, stupid." That's it. That's the signal.

"Excuse me, miss. First of all, I'm trying to answer your question, but you always shut me off. Second, your company is looking for a secretary that's why I'm here. Third, you're not capable of doing an interview because instead of looking at the person, you're looking at the goddamn folder. Fourth, I'm not stupid. I'm an educated person unlike you. And lastly, I'm going to voluntarily leave this hell room. Thanks for the offer and for your time." Yeji says confidently without stuttering and catches her breath.