25

RYUJIN

i'm here at my office. it's already 9 am but yeji didn't show up. i went to her house yesterday but she doesn't want to talk with me. she ignored all of calls and messages.

"jennie doesn't pick up my c-calls.. i'm c-coming back in seoul today." lisa said between her sobs. we are now talking via video call.

i frowned. i then rested my elbows on my desk and held my forehead, "this problem could--"

i stopped talking when my mom entered my office. i rolled my eyes and sigh deeply,

"let's talk later, lisa." i wiped the tears on my cheeks and after lisa said good bye, i closed my laptop.

"what do you want?" i said annoyingly to my mom and showed her a blank expression.

"i'm going to tell you two things." she sat down on the chair comfortably. "what do you want to hear first, the bad or the good?" she smiled.

i hissed, "stop playing games. just say it." i said coldly.

she chuckles. argh! i hate my mom!

"alright, i'm going to say the bad news first." she then cleared her throat, "yeji messaged me and she has already resigned."

i widened my eyes and shook my head, "no!" i said with my loud voice. i clenched ny hand.

no, yeji. no.

my mom knitted her brows, "why are you so affected? you're not like that when your other secretary also resigned."

i pursed my lips and let out a heavy sigh, "cut the fucking engagement." i said sternly.

"manners. watch your mouth, ryujin. your—"

i slammed my hands on my desk and stood up, "can't you understand?!? lisa and i don't want this to happen! we do not agree on this!"

my eyes are already red with rage.  was panting heavily as I looked into my mother's eyes.

"calm down, child, and let me explain." she gestured her hands for me to calm down "her parents and i, including your dad, already talked about this. their company is in huge debt and—"

"bullshit!" i slammed my hands again on the desk and ran my hands through my hair. i already losing my patience, "we don't want to marry each other, mom. we like another person!"

"is there something going on between you and yeji?" my mom asked and i looked at her.

without hesitation, i answered, "yes." i nodded. "i like her. i want her. i need her." i uttered sternly.

my mom was about to say something but i spoke again,

"i'm old enough to handle my life. you can't control me. i already called a lawyer, so you should be ready." i then grabbed my bag and walked towards the door.

"ryujin, you should listen to me first!" my mom raised her voice.

i ignored my mom's words. i slammed the door shut, i walked out of my office, and hopped inside my car.

i closed the car's door so hard. i then held the steering wheel and pressed my forehead against it. i hunched my shoulders and closed my eyes. my chest is so heavy right now.

my friends and yeji's friends are not on good terms also. i broke their trust. i talked to them already but i didn't get any response from yeji's friends.

i made the wrong decision for not telling the truth immediately.  i admit my mistake and feel so guilty about it. i regretted it.

and to be honest, i didn't expect to fall with yeji. i just get the astonishing feelings and everything happens so suddenly. i like yeji. a lot.