Chapter 48

I hugged Daniil and congratulated him on his birthday before I went straight to Caterina. It was also Kelly, of course, because she was pregnant with the child together, if it was really his, but you never knew. Of course, it was just a joke, but who knows, maybe not.

"Well, do we want to have a drink at the bar?" I couldn't say no. I would be able to treat myself to one, even if I had to get out tomorrow morning. As long as I was on time and doing my job, no one on my team would say anything negative.

We settled next to each other on bar stools and ordered a whisky cola. I was all the more surprised when Victoria sat down next to me. Because I hadn't expected her at this celebration.

Broadly grinned at both of us: "You probably didn't think that a party could go up without me. So, what do you talk about?" I could only shake my head at the Dutchwoman, of course she wouldn't miss a party.

We relaxed about everything possible, of course also the new songs of Harry Styles. Caterina had shocked me and Victoria because she wasn't really from the One Direction guys. For me and the Dutchwoman it was inconceivable that you could not be a fan of the boys.

'Please don't kill me with your looks, I don't think the boys are bad. I just don't follow it actively, but the music is good, at least on the whole," this statement didn't make it any better. How could you call the music good; Signs of Times is an anthem?

Before we got into our hair, we changed the subject: "Am it just me, or isn't there a huge crisis between Kelly and Daniil. I haven't seen them talk together today, they're always with different groups.' Automatically the heads of me and Victoria went in the direction caterer. There I saw the pregnant woman standing a little too close to my boyfriend for my taste. She repeatedly put her hand on Max's arm, which caused me a stranglehold.

"That doesn't mean anything, if Tom and I have guests in the style, we share. After all, you should talk to all the guests, that's better if you split up," Vic tried to defuse the matter.

I drank my drink and watched as Kelly almost made his way to Max. I was supposed to trust him, but it was really hard if he didn't resist their touches.

Maybe five minutes I had given myself the picture, not once did he look around for me or push Kelly away: "I should go back to the hotel, otherwise I won't get out of bed tomorrow." A stupid excuse, it wasn't even 8pm, but I just didn't want to give myself the picture anymore.

"There's food right away?" Vic didn't seem to understand me. She was probably used to her brother that he liked to flirt with women, for me it was just too much. But Caterina seemed to understand it and just nodded to me

Before I left, I hugged them and quickly sneaked out of the hotel. It was Daniil's birthday; I didn't want to break it. I also didn't want to make jealous girlfriend, so I thought it was better when I left. But since I hadn't eaten anything yet, I went straight to find a fast-food store. As in every city, there were some on every street and I quickly found something to eat.

With the food I went in the direction of the sea, back to the hotel I could not yet. I would probably meet my colleagues there and they thought I was still at the birthday dinner. So, I had to kill some time outside and with a burger it was a good life.

Only I had napped for something in my ingenious plan, the cold wind from the sea. Even though it was April and almost too hot during the day, at night it was cold and the winds of the sea were even worse. Trembling I sat by the sea and tried to get the burger in my stomach. I tried to keep warm with memories of the day, which of course did not succeed.

I could have just gone to the hotel, after all, the others didn't care, but my pride didn't let it. Max had humiliated me with his behaviour, I was embarrassed. In addition, my boss's words kept going through my head, maybe he was right. Maybe I had been too naive and had been too blinded.