Chapter 110

Munich was stressful, at least for me. The other two came back to the building with countless bags when I was finally done with all the meetings. While I just wanted to go to the airport and go home, the two of them didn't even look as exhausted as I felt.

"Since we still have some time, how about dinner in a Bavarian restaurant. With Weisswurst or what you are here?", Charlotte looked at me. If I hadn't been tired, I probably would have laughed. Her pronunciation was already funny and almost unintelligible. But since I didn't even have more strength for it, I just shook my head.

Tired, I brushed a strand from my face: "Don't hold it against me, but I just want to go to the airport and back home as soon as possible. We can also get something at the airport."

"Maybe it's really better," Caterina agreed with me, "Your day was exhausting enough, we shouldn't make more stress with food and the airport." Even though you could see some disappointment in the Monegasque, she relented. So, we just got in the car and drove directly to the airport.

I had put my headphones in my ears, leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes. Fortunately, they didn't take it badly, because they could understand that the day had been a bit much. Pregnant or not.

It was only when I felt the car stop that I opened my eyes again. In fact, we were at the airport, and I felt a little more rested. Nevertheless, I was looking forward to my bed and of course to my boyfriend.

"I'll just bring the key back," the Monegasque informed us. She hadn't even waited for an answer from us, but I was still so happy to wait outside the door. Fresh air was really good, even if it was still nice and warm.

Tired, I leaned against the nearest wall: "Long day." I nodded, even though it hadn't been a question. It was supposed to be more of a sign that I didn't feel like talking. Caterina had definitely become my best friend next to Jessi, but right now I just wanted to rest. I had spent the whole day talking, my word count for the day I had felt like I had used up. So probably not a word would come out of my mouth more than necessary until I was finally home.

"Let's go to the gate!", Charlotte, on the other hand, still seemed to have a lot of capacity. Not only words, but also energy. She had hurriedly grabbed her bags again and had already gone to the entrance. Caterina followed her but looked over her shoulders at me. Somewhat clumsily, I broke away from the wall and caught up with the two of them.

After the security check, we got something to eat before we went to our gate, where we were already expected: "Misses Verstappen?" For a moment I looked at the stewardess confused, until I buckled up that she might have meant me.

"Max and I are not married, I'm just the girlfriend," I immediately explained to her. It didn't really bother me, but I didn't want any rumours to arise if someone had heard it who shouldn't.

Charlotte nudged Caterina and tried to whisper to her: "Not yet." But since I had been standing right next to her, I had heard it too. Only I remained silent and pretended that I had not heard. It made me a little uncomfortable, as I had no desire for a wedding at the moment.

"Excuse me," the stewardess seemed slightly uncomfortable, "follow me, I'll take you to your plane." With that, she went through her arm to the tarmac. Like little ducklings, we followed her and got on the small bus that took us to the jet.

Relaxed, I leaned back in my seat and took off my shoes first. The girls had placed their bags in the other foursome and then made themselves comfortable next to and opposite me.

"We should definitely go on such excursions more often, it was really nice," Charlotte tried to rebuild a conversation. In order not to be rude, I pulled myself together and tried to participate as well.