CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

_________

The frail girl scurried around the muddy ground, wincing at her scraped and wounded knee. Panicking, she hid in the slides in the playground. Wrapping her arms around her knees, bringing them closer to her.

She was scared, scared of the feral dogs that chased her, and scared of the thunder's loud noises. She buried her face in her knees, sobbing.

As the rain pitter-patter on the ground, she could hear the crunching of mud nearby as if somebody was walking around.

The girl stayed put, not knowing what to do because of her tense feeling that shock through her body.

"Hello?" At the end of the slide's opening, a voice spoke, barely audible. A head popped out, or rather, a figure looms in, revealing a girl wearing a red raincoat and holding an umbrella.

"Are you okay?" The girl in the raincoat asks. The frail girl numbly sat there, not moving an inch nor speaking anything. "Do you live in this neighborhood?" The girl in the raincoat continued to ask.

Finally, the frail girl spoke. "Y-yes." Through her trembling breath, she muttered. "Would you like to go home?

The fragile girl nodded, shivering slightly. The raincoat girl smiled as she crawled inside the slide, grabbing the fragile girl's hand gently as they both crawl off the slide.

And because of that day, the frail girl began to admire her. The one who rescued her on a rainy day and was able to support her without concern. She desired to remain with her, to be close to her, and to grow old with her.

Was that too much to ask?

______
-4:28 pm

You snapped, crumbling the photo in your hands. "I need to go see someone." You clicked your tongue, inhaling sharply.

"(F/n)-"

"Screw off, Kiyoomi." You snapped your head at him, gritting on your teeth. Throwing him a venomous fumed look. "Don't get in my way." You stomped away, clutching your fists together.

You were enraged, you had it enough, she has gone too far. You didn't do anything wrong to her, so why? Why the hell was she doing this?

Sakusa stood there, left behind. He grumbled as he leaned on the door, shoving his hands on his pockets. "(F/n)..." He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Don't get yourself kicked out..."

_____

You searched for her everywhere, the hallways, the lobby, the museum, classrooms, and the cafeteria. You exhaled heavily, clearly exhausted from walking. "No, I need to find her." You clasped your hand on your shirt, continuing to walk.

The only place you didn't go was in the park so, without any hesitation, you marched there. Hoping to find her so you can smack the hell out of her, shake some senses to her head.

Once you arrive in the park, you saw the brunette with a couple of people. Oh, boy, does she look so happy and pleased. The sight of her made you fume up even more.

Without wavering, you walked up to her. "AOI!" You yelled making the brunette face you with a confused look. "Wha-"

You grabbed her by the collar, shoving her harshly in the tree behind her. Her friends yelped, backing down and running away in fright.

"Wha- What do you want?" She choked up. "Don't act like you don't know anything, you bitch!" You yelled, pushing her harder against the tree.

"I didn't do anything! What the fuck are you-" You hissed at her words, cutting her off with a slap. "STOP ACTING LIKE YOU'RE THE VICTIM HERE!" You felt your voice cracked, feeling a bit exhausted.