Chapter 8: Psychic

"You and me; our story was written in the stars

"You and me; our story was written in the stars."

-----

Retiring to the dorm with Jeongin, the two dropped their books on their beds, and the younger brother instantly collapsed on his mattress, groaning, "I'm so tired!"

Chaeri lightly smacked him on the head, and he hissed in pain, "What was that for?"

She simply soundlessly laughed, her eyes crinkling by the sides. She sat down beside him, and through the medium of the sign language, she tried to explain to him what had occurred in the day - the entire chaos of the girls making fun of Felix and her, and Samyraa jumping in and getting herself suspended. Chaeri didn't tell Jeongin how she felt odd when she saw Felix and Samyraa holding hands.

She was just being dramatic, or so she thought.

"Ah! I'm so mad at those girls!" Jeongin fumed, "Don't feel bad, noona. You're much better than what they consider you to be. They just don't know how kind you are."

Chaeri ruffled his hair, and he shook her hands off his hair, complaining, but then turned solemn, "This Felix guy, he's kind of nice."

She shyly nodded, and just as he was about to say something else, his phone buzzed in his pocket. Excusing himself, he attended the call, and he frowned.

Once the call ended, Chaeri motioned as to what made him frown, and he explained, "I have a night shift, noona. I'll be back by 4 AM, I guess."

She pursed her lips, protesting against the night shift through hand motions, and the younger one shook his head, "I know, I'm tired. But we have to do this anyway, right?"

Her shoulders slumped as she watched her brother pick up his phone and tie his shoelaces, and grab his bag, and wave goodbye to her. She lousily waved back, and the door slammed shut on her.

She sighed in disappointment. She absolutely despised seeing him sacrifice his sleep and energy to make them both live a comfortable life. She wanted to contribute as well, hating to see him be the only one to own the burden of providing them both with money.

She walked over to her own bed and plopped on it, staring at the ceiling aimlessly. She had absolutely no thought of her own; and when she tried to think of any, the same face appeared before her eyes - that of Lee Felix.

She blinked, feeling embarrassed of thinking about him. They were friends, so was it normal to think of your friends that way? She couldn't tell.

Finding no other activity to do, she got off the bed, walking out of her dormitory room and locking the door, and climbed the stairs to the rooftop. Just as she was about to climb, she saw a black car pull up right outside the gates of the dormitory, and she paused.

It was nighttime, so why would anyone come here at this time?

As soon as the car stopped, a girl climbed out of the driver's seat, and from the other end emerged Lee Felix.

Chaeri gasped.

Both of them walked over to the trunk of the car, and drawing out two large travelers bags, the girl hugged Felix and went inside the car again. Felix looked around, heading over to the guard's office to perhaps register his name in the log.

Chaeri watched as he yawned, dragging his bags with him to the dormitory building. She immediately descended the flight of stairs, confused as to why anyone would bring two large bags at night in the dorms-

That's when realization dawned upon her - he was probably here to reside in the dorms.

She halted halfway through, just a floor above where Felix was. From the gap in between the stairs and the railings, she saw his struggle to lift his bags and climb the steps.

Whenever she mentioned him or thought about him, he would automatically appear from god-knows-where. It had been proven quite a lot of times already. What was he? A psychic?

And here he was again, making cute faces while struggling.

Without another thought, she descended the next few steps slowly, and hearing footsteps, Felix looked up, "Hey, could you help- Oh, Chaeri!"

She smilingly waved at him, and he left his belongings to face her. She was standing five steps above him, and the two grinningly stared at each other, accidentally locking eyes.

And Chaeri didn't know when she had gotten so bold enough to stare someone back in the eyes.

"Uh..." Felix got slightly flustered, breaking the eye contact and stammering, "Uh, c-could you help me with these? I'm going to stay here from now on."

So her suspicions were right.

(a/n: HELLOOOO THIS STORY AIN'T ON HOLD ANYMOREEEEE :D

I would recommend rereading the previous chapters so that you can catch up with the storyline, since I'm updating this after 3-4 months. Thanks for reading so far! I love you!)