Chapter 22: Awkwardly Asking Out

"Young love, this is, but why do the stars date us back millions of years ago?”

-----

"Chan!" Felix yelled in the middle of a crowd, earning stares from the passersby. However, the said boy turned around, looking at a very panicked Aussie.

Chan walked over to him and questioned, "Hey, what's up? You look uneasy."

"Channie!" Felix cried, "I think I like someone!"

"Uh huh? And who is that?"

"Chaeri..." Felix mumbled, embarrassed and shy.

Chan laughed, "You're telling me the obvious, Felix. So you finally realised it! Do you want me to clap for you?"

"What do you mean?" Felix tilted his head a bit, looking at Chan, puzzled.

"You can't be serious right now..." Chan spoke in disbelief.

"I'm serious! Was it that obvious?"

"Yes! Anyone could tell by the way you two look at each other!" Chan flailed his arms around, as if to prove his point better.

Felix took a moment to process whatever Chan spoke, and then he gasped, "I liked her all along?"

"Yeah, maybe? There was always this unspoken chemistry between you two, I could feel it. And I bet she's liked you for a longer time than you did," Chan folded his arms against his chest.

"Well, she does. You know her brother, Jeongin? He lashed out at me a day ago and told me that she likes me," Felix scratched his head, "But I don't think she knows that I know about it."

"Oh, now that's a situation..."

"What do I do, Chan?"

"Uh," Chan stated the very obvious, "You go and confess to her about it?"

"No!" Felix groaned, "I don't have the guts!"

"Lee Yongbok," Chan got all stern and solemn, "I don't want any kind of drama regarding you two. You already know what kind of students study here. Just freaking confess to her and date her! I'm begging!"

Felix looked shaken up, "O-Okay! I will!"

Chan turned him around and pushed him towards the classroom, near the seat where Chaeri sat, doodling in her notebook. Felix tumbled forward and almost lost his balance, but reached her nonetheless.

Standing behind her, he turned around to look at Chan, who showed him two thumbs-up.

Felix sighed; his heart practically beat out of his chest as he tapped on her shoulder, and she turned around to look at him, her eyes boring into his for no reason at all. At least that's what he felt, as he gulped and looked down at her.

She raised her eyebrows, questioning him, and he fumbled with his words, "Ch-Chaeri? Hi!"

She smiled and waved at him, and he relaxed for a mere second... and then tensed up again. What else was he going to say?

She waited for him to speak as he stood frozen to the ground, too embarrassed to utter even a single word.

Chaeri motioned with her hands: what?

"Nothing..."

She wrote down: something's clearly happening to you. Tell me, what's wrong?

"Um, Chaeri?"

She nodded.

"Will you... uh..." Felix licked his lips; his mouth felt too dry, "Let's go out to the park after school?"

Chaeri grinned, nodding eagerly liked a child. Felix sighed in relief at that, and then turned around and dashed out of the scene.

She made a questioning face, but shrugged when she realised that Felix wasn't in the class anymore. Chan, watching the other Aussie sprint out of the room as if his life depended on it, ran after him.

"Felix!" he called after him, and the one being chased finally stopped, heavily breathing after the run. Chan approached him and asked, "Why did you run?"

"I asked her out on a date!"

"But why did you run?"

"That seemed to be the sanest option after doing that!"

Chan sighed, "Why are you kids so strange?"

"Chan, we're the same age."

"That doesn't matter," Chan spoke. After Samyraa's resignation from this love triangle, as one would call it, he was glad to see Felix getting somewhere with the one he liked. True, he felt bad for Samyraa, but he couldn't force Felix to like her back, could he?

(a/n: yeah lmao we needed this chapter

The next few chapters are gonna make you cry over cuteness bec I sure as hell am going to do that

Did you like this?

Thanks for reading! I love you!)