Chapter 25: Happy Realization

"Twinkling stars - like those in your eyes

"Twinkling stars - like those in your eyes."

-----

The next morning, at school, Chaeri and Felix came together hand-in-hand.

People gave them judgmental stares, stopping to walk past them and murmuring amongst themselves. Getting looks from all around, students pointed at their locked hands, and conspicuously laughed about the odd couple that they were -- the exchange student who wasn't fluent in their language, and the mute girl.

And as odd as they were, the two were content.

Felix cheerily swung their arms back and forth like a kid, the locked hands still not losing the grasp that they clutched onto. Chaeri silently laughed at his antics, finding him adorable enough to swoon over him. They walked into their first class and settled together, and it didn't take Bang Chan even a full minute to approach them and squeal, "Did you?!"

Felix nodded, showing his pearly whites.

"And are you?!"

"Yeah!"

"Ahh! I'm so happy for you both!" He jumped up and down on his spot in excitement, his fists balled up in victory (victory? God knows why).

"Thank you! It's all because of you!" Felix stood up and bear-hugged him tightly, "Thanks, Channie!"

"Always for you!"

Chaeri watched in utter adoration how the two gleefully embraced and celebrated for... him and her dating? She never thought that such a day would arrive, especially after all that she had faced. It wasn't that Chan had ever looked down on her, no. She just wasn't used to so much affection.

"Chaeri?" Felix called for her, and she looked up at him.

"You seem a little down," he sat beside her, holding her hand, "All okay?"

She nodded vehemently, and that's when Chan spoke, "Well... I'm gonna burst the happy bubble here and be the mood spoiler, but it's the exam season."

"Wha- No!" Felix screeched, "No way!"

"Damn, dude, I didn't know your voice could go that high. I guess I found it out before Chaeri did..." Chan suggestively played around, and Felix looked at him confused, "Eh?"

Chaeri understood the message, and her face flushed red. She grabbed a piece of paper and balled it to throw it at Chan. He laughed heartily as the paper ball hit him, raising up his hands in a surrender motion, saying, "All the best!"

The teacher walked into the class right then, and the students greeted her. As the students started to get seated, the teacher announced, "Good morning, class! I have an announcement to make."

"And here it comes..." Chan spoke, seated behind Felix and Chaeri.

The teacher proclaimed, "Your exams start from the next week. Since we've all already completed the syllabus, I would recommend attending the revision classes. Otherwise, you all have the preparatory leaves beginning from today. All the students who want to attend the revision classes can give their names to me. Dismissed."

Chaeri spoke through sign language: do you want to attend these classes?

"Attend these classes? Well..."

"Hey," Chan intervened, "Do you two wanna group study or something?"

Chaeri and Felix shared a look, and Felix understood her shy nature, so he spoke, "Who else is gonna be there?"

"Just us three, maybe Minho and Changbin, and Samyraa? Yeah."

Felix tensed up at Samyraa's name. The last time he had seen her, she was happy and somehow interested in him; he had known it. But had he ever given her a closure? And where had she been all the time?

Chaeri nodded at Chan, writing on her notebook: I guess I'll come? I don't know Minho and Changbin, but I'll have to try meeting people someday!

Chan grinned, "Let's meet at my dorm at 9 tonight!"

That's when Felix realized the suggestive joke Chan had made before the teacher had come in, "HEY! CHANNIE, WHAT THE HECK?"

Chaeri laughed, and Chan laughingly spoke, "Happy realization, Lee Felix!"

(a/n: hehe this book hasn't been abandoned-

Cute stuff coming up dw dw dw!!

Did you like this chapter? Please leave comments!!

Thanks for reading! I love you!)