Talent show

"Hey, (Y/n)!" Poppy said. "Yeah, mom?" You asked. "Did you know that we're having a talent show soon?" Branch asked. Your eyes light up. "A talent show? Really?!" You asked. "Yup! And the winner gets all the treats you can eat!" Poppy said. "Wow! That sounds awesome! Can I participate?" You asked. "Of course! Why else would we tell you about it?" Branch asked. "Yay! I'm going to go practice!" You said. Then you quickly ran off. You decided to visit your grandpa Peppy. "Hi, grandpa!" You said. "Hey there, Princess. What brings you here?" He asked. "Well, did you hear about the talent show?" You asked. "Oh, yes! It's happening next week!" He said. "Well, I was hoping if you could help me practice. I'm going to sing a song." You said. "Oh! And what song would that be?" He asked. "Friend Like Me, from Aladdin!" You said. Peppy laughed. "That's a great idea." He said. You stayed over at Peppy's place for the day, rehearsing your song. "So, what did you think?" You asked. "I think it was great." Peppy said. "Poppy and Branch are going to love your performance." He said. You smiled. "Thanks, grandpa." You said. You gave him a hug, and he hugged you back and smiled. "Now, go home, sweetie, or else they'll be worried." He said. You nodded and walked over to the door. "See you at the talent show, grandpa!" You said. "See you there, (Y/n)!" He said. You smiled and then went back to your house. The next day at school, you told your friends about the talent show and what you were doing. "Wow, that's great!" Cover said. "Are you guys going to participate?" You asked. Clover and Claire both nodded, while Sofia looked nervous. "I don't think so." She said. "Aw, why not?" You asked. "I... I get kinda nervous when I'm on stage, especially by myself, I could never do it in front of an audience." She said. "What if you did it with one of us?" Clover asked. "I... I don't know." Sofia said. "Come on, Sofia! It will be fun!" Claire said. "Well..." she looked at all of you. "Okay." She said. "Yay!" Clover said. "What are you two doing for the talent show?" You asked. "I'm going to sing!" Clover said. "You too, huh? What song?" You asked. "I haven't decided yet." She said. "What about you, Claire?" You asked. "Do you have an idea?" Clover asked. "Me and some other trolls are going to do a funny skit." She said. "I thought maybe Sofia could join us." She said. "A skit? You mean like... acting?" Sofia asked. "Yeah. It'll be fun." Claire said. "But I've never acted before in my life. What if I mess it up?" She asked. "Sofia, who cares? It's a comedy skit, we'll all be embarrassing ourselves anyway." Claire said. "Yeah, don't worry about it, Sofia." Clover said. "Ok... okay." She said. "Oh! I can't wait for the talent show!" Clover said. "And I can't wait to see you up there, (Y/n). You'll be awesome up there. I know it." Clover said. "Thanks." You said. It was now the night of the talent show, and you were really excited. Kinda nervous too, but mostly just excited. You had been practicing all week, and you couldn't wait until it was your turn. Right now, your friend Clover was on stage, singing Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. After the song, everyone clapped and cheered for her. She smiled and bowed before walking off stage and sitting next to you. "Piece of cake." She said. You smiled at her. Next up was Claire, Sofia and the other trolls doing their little comedy skit. You saw Sofia and Claire, along with other kinds of trolls. "So," Claire began. "Who broke it? I'm not mad, I just wanna know." She said. Sofia stayed quiet for a few minutes. "I did, I broke it." She said. "No, no you didn't. Who broke it?" Claire asked. "Tom?" Claire turned to a funk troll. "Don't look at me, look at Ben." The funk  troll pointed to a rock troll. "What? I didn't break it." The rock troll said. "Huh, that's weird. How did you even know it was broken?" The funk troll asked. "Because it's sitting right in front of us, and it's broken." The rock troll said. "Suspicious." The funk troll said. "No, it's not." The rock troll said. "If it matters, probably not, but April was the last one to use it." The techno troll pointed at a country troll. "Lair, I don't even drink that crap!" The country troll said. "Oh, really? Then what we're you doing by the coffee cart earlier?" The techno troll asked. "I use the paper cups to organize my things, everyone knows that, Jerry!" The country troll said. "Okay, let's not fight. I broke it, let me pay for it Ron." Sofia said. "No. Who broke it?" Claire asked. "Ron, Don has been awfully quiet lately." The techno troll said. "Really?" Another rock troll asked. "Yeah, really." The techno troll said. "Oh my god!" Then all of them pretended to start fighting. You had to admit the skit was pretty funny, it had a lot of trolls laughing. After the little skit, it was your turn. "And next, we have Princess (Y/n) with her version of Friend Like Me, from Aladdin!" The announcer said. Everyone cheered as you walked on stage. You held the microphone as you began to sing. You pretended to be the genie as you sung the song.

Well Ali Baba had them forty thieves

Scheherezade had a thousand tales

But master you in luck 'cause up your sleeves

You got a brand of magic never fails

You got some power in your corner now

Some heavy ammunition in your camp

You got some punch, pizzazz, yahoo and how

See all you gotta do is rub that lamp

And I'll say

Mister Aladdin, sir

What will your pleasure be?

Let me take your order

Jot it down

You ain't never had a friend like me

Ha ha ha

Life is your restaurant

And I'm your maitre d'

C'mon whisper what it is you want

You ain't never had a friend like me

Yes sir, we pride ourselves on service

You're the boss

The king, the shah

Say what you wish

It's yours! True dish

How about a little more Baklava?

Have some of column "A"

Try all of column "B"

I'm in the mood to help you dude!

You ain't never had a friend like me

Can your friends do this?

Can your friends do that?

Can your friends pull this out their little hat?

Can your friends go, Poof!

Well, looky here

Can your friends go, Abracadabra, let 'er rip

And then make the sucker disappear?

So doncha sit there slack jawed, buggy eyed

I'm here to answer all your midday prayers

You got me bona fide, certified

You got a genie for your chare d'affaires

I got a powerful urge to help you out

So what-cha wish? I really wanna know

You got a list that's three miles long, no doubt

Well, all you gotta do is rub like so - and oh

Mister Aladdin, sir, have a wish or two or three

I'm on the job, you big nabob

You ain't never had a friend, never had a friend

You ain't never had a friend like me

After the song, everyone cheered and clapped for you. You smiled and sat back at your seat. The announcer went back on stage. "All right everyone, we will now pick out the winners, from 3rd to 1st." The troll took out a box. "The 3rd winner is, Claire and her friends, for their hilarious comedy skit." He said. They cheered and walked on stage. "In second place." The troll pulled out another piece of paper. "Clover! For her amazing Taylor Swift performance!" She squealed and walked on stage. "And finally..." there was a long pause as everyone sat anxiously in their seats. "Princess (Y/n)!" You looked shocked at first, then smiled and joined the others on stage."Congratulations, (Y/n)." He said. "Thanks." You said. You smiled as you looked at the cheering crowd. Tonight was definitely a night to remember.