16: Recovery without Recovery Girl

Mei was busy tinkering with her babies, so when the door opened, she didn't even notice it. Though when it closed she did and turned round to face the goop monster.

'Hey Venom, I'm making some super cute babies right now, what's the ma-' Her head snapped back realising Izuku wasn't in control, 'Venom why are you in control?,'

'Exercise... biased... past people... pain... explosion...  death... saved.......... tired...' Venom the proceeded to collapse as the goop lost all structure, falling off of Izuku's blood stained but much better body. The goop though instead of flowing out went back into the girl as her veins could be seen shifting colour as the goop filled her system.

Mei's eyes widened at the sight of it, tearing up just as fast, 'I-Izu?!' She jumped forward, cradling the small girl in her arms, 'Please, please be ok... don't die please. I NEED YOU!' She sobbed into the unconscious girls chest.

One or two hours passed and the sound of sobs lessened as Mei held herself back, keeping herself steady by holding onto the one she loved. Power-loader however had no idea, so he didn't know what he was doing when he banged on the door to the unusually silent workshop with some of the 1-A students who managed to recover.

'MEI! I'VE GOT SOME PEOPLE WHO NEED UPGRADES, ARE YOU IN THERE?'

'GO AWAY!' She yelled back, 'I'M NOT MAKING ANYTHING FOR ANYONE.'

'Mei? Are you ok?'

'NO, GET LOST.'

'Mei, I'm coming in, please.' Mei panicked as the uncovered form of her girlfriend lay in her arms.

'NO, YOU COME IN HERE AND I'LL USE ONE OF MY BABIES ON YOU.' Childish screams could be heard as one of the two types of reaction. Silence followed as a heavier set of footsteps carefully made their way away from the scene.

Not ten minutes later two sets of footsteps arrived at the door from different direction, some mumbling ensued before a lighter knock on the door was heard.

'Mei?' Nezu asked, 'May we come in, it's just me Shota and you sensei?'

'Nezu?' The pink haired girl hoarsely whisper yelled as Izuku started to shift

'Yes, it is I'

'You know... you and he know.'

'Know what?'

'Yesterday... please send Sensei away.' Muttering could be heard from the other side of the door before angry stomping could be heard as the person left.

'Mei, it's just me and Shota now, please let us in. We've been trying to find Izuku, we need to see if she's ok.'

'It's unlocked.' As she said this the door slowly opened and the two men stepped into the workshop before the taller of the two close the door, using the locking mechanism to close it from the inside.

Mei looked up at the two with her tear stained and gaunt face as she shifted her body to let the two men see the black veined girl, covered in bloody and broken clothes. The two let out a sharp gasp before slowly making their way over, careful not to scare the terrified girl in front of them. The principle shifted his beady eyes from his unconscious niece to his future in-law.

'Mei what happened?'

Mei started shaking, 'I don't know, I was working the they both came in but Venom was in control, he said something about an exercise, bias and explosion then death' The two men looked at each other, 'But he said he saved her but he was tired, then he collapsed and the goop went back onto her body, turning her veins like this.' She held onto the light unconscious girl tighter.