Five

Running a hand through her long dark brown hair, she looked at herself in the mirror, nervous about her first date with Jude. They were going to lunch that day and he was picking her up at two, since her last class had ended at twelve forty five and she wanted time to get ready before going out with him.

She sighed, not liking how her favorite shirt looked on her now that she suddenly had a little bit of a baby bump that appeared sometime between when she went to bed last night and the time she woke up that morning. It just didn't look right now.

She took off the shirt, throwing it on the bed and pulling on a tank top, then pulling on a black sweatshirt over it.

She heard the knock on the door.

"He's here Mads!!!" Katie yelled from downstairs.

Maddie grabbed her purse and started walking downstairs.

"You're wearing that on a date?" Katie asked, her distaste for the outfit- a pair of skinny jeans, black vans, and black sweatshirt- showing. "Yeah... Nothing fits right." She mumbled. Jude smiled. "You like beautiful." He told her, walking over to her and kissing her cheek. He was wearing a pair of dark jeans, a black T-shirt, and of course, the leather vest, that he called a 'cut'.

"Thanks." She whispered to him, shyly.

"You just need the next size up, just borrow one of my shirts>" She said, as if it were no big deal.

Maddie rolled her eyes. "Can we not have this conversation right now? I think I look fine, or at least I did." She said before grabbing her purse and walking out of the door.

"What was that about?" Jude asked, once Madelyn walked outside.

"She's been like that all day, hormones I think. She is showing now, so I think it's more real to her now.' Katie said quietly, looking out of the window at Maddie sitting in Jude's jeep.

"She wasn't showing yesterday, does it happen that fast?" He asked, confused.

"Yeah, I guess so, I mean, she is small, so it shows, not very much, just a little." She said, shrugging. He sighed. "Is she okay?" He asked, knowing her best friend would know if she wasn't.

"Yeah, don't worry about her, just take her to have a good time, she needs it. Have her back by midnight." Katie said, jokingly.

"Bye, Katie. Oh, and my friend, Mac, said he had a good time with you and asked why you haven't called him, I didn't know you two had hit it off." He said, with a knowing smile.

She rolled her eyes. "Go take her on a date." Katie said, pushing Jude out of the doorway. He laughed, shaking his head as he walked over to his jeep, getting in the driver's seat.

"I think you look beautiful today, and that's perfect for our date, we're having dinner, then going back to the club house to hang out, watch movies or whatever." He said, starting the jeep. "That okay with you?" He asked her.