CHAPTER 17 - LONELINESS

Journal entry

I've learned to comfort myself. I've learned to calm my fears. I have many reasons to weep. Loneliness can't be one of them.

**Fyi, all journal entries in this book are Mina's

Luke's POV

Nosy Elijah found out about Mina and decided to make a mountain out of a mole-hill. I was engrossed in one of our chats and he peeked over my shoulder. I lied that I was chatting with Olivia, but then I had stupidly saved her contact as Mina and he remembered her from the diner.

'Dude. I was going to make a move'' he complained.

''oops, sorry bro'' I said, not feeling sorry for him at all. I patted him on the shoulder ''you can get another hottie as fast as you blink''

He smirked obviously pleased with the compliment.'' You know right.'' He wiggled his bushy brows up and down in that annoying manner. I had this strong urge to shave them off while he was asleep.

We were sitting on the sofa in my room, playing Fifa 21 on my PS5. Elijah visits me more often since I bought this game. He's almost living here now.

''But what about you and Olivia? I thought u guys were going next level.'' He asked.

I shrugged focusing on the screen in front of me as I tried to select a team. "We're taking a break.'' I said simply.

''Dude you're mean. You snag that quality sex...after I told you to...and then u dump the bitch? Savage homie....savage''

''There was no quality sex with Olivia'' I told him.

I could see from my eye corner that he paused to look at me. ''what? But that night you disappeared from the party and when I asked you about it in the morning...you didn't deny it". I didn't respond.

"Whoa...wait'' he suddenly sat up like he had gotten some kind of revelation. "The quality sex was with Mina instead of Olivia right?'' He slapped me on the shoulder much to my annoyance. ''Dude you dumped one hottie for another. Wow...savage. I hope she's not a clingy girlfriend though. I can't stand them clingy bitches..''

I shook my head as I settled for Barcelona. ''first, stop calling women bitches. Second, Mina's not my girlfriend''.

''What, you're done with her already?''

''It's just hook up you know...just sexual satisfaction...with some benefits.''

''What kind of benefits?'' Elijah asked, curious.

I sighed. "She needed a place to stay, so I gave her a caravan'' I leaned back and looked at Elijah, getting tired of his questioning. ''are we going to start this game or what?''

Elijah was looking at me like I'd gone crazy. ''Dude, don't tell me you're paying for sex.'' He sneered. ''There's plenty of free pussy here in Merton''.

'I'm just helping her out'' I defended. ''Better than her being on the street''

''That's not your problem. Next thing you know shes gonna have her claws all deep in you, sucking out as much money as she can take'