Chapter Twenty-One : you've become obsessive

Haylee

"Haylee!" Ella came up to me in a hurry and I turned to hear her out, "did you hear?" she asked.

"Hear what?" I asked looking at her.

"Paige on friday, something about almost getting taken. I mean can you believe that she'd try to make someone believe that she was almost kidnapped. Hell she made Parker believe it," Ella shook her head at the idea and I looked up to see Paige and Parker holding hands down the hallway and my mind wondered.

This still hurt, watching him fall in love with her instead. I mean he looks at her the same way he once looked at me. He'd protect her at all costs, they walked past me and Ella and he didn't even look at me, they were talking about something but my mind was too focused on the fact that it wasn't me.

"Haylee," Ella said my name and I came back and looked at her.

"Sorry, what?" I looked at Ella.

"Are you going to confront her or something? I mean a lie like that is unbelievable."

"Yeah, yeah I'll talk to her," I nodded walking to class knowing Paige sat three seats down from me.

I walked in and found Paige sitting and grabbing her stuff from her bag as Parker was chatting with one of his friends.

I sat down where Noah usually would next to Paige and she looked at me confused.

"Hi Paige," I smiled and Parker turned around looking at Paige and then me, "Parker I'm not going to hurt her, you can calm down."

Parker then looked at Paige before the two minute bell rang signaling they had two minutes to get to class.

Noah came in and then looked at where I was sitting unsure of what to do before deciding to take my seat.

"Parker you don't want to be late," I shooed him and he still hesitated.

But Paige looked at him and he left. Wait did she give him a look that he'd understand?

"I'm assuming you heard about Friday, is that what you're doing sitting next to me?" she looked at me, "Trying to make me believe that I'm needing and craving attention?"

"Well when you put it like that," I laughed and smiled.

"I didn't want anyone knowing for that reason and that reason alone, so please Haylee get a life and stay out of mine," she stared at me and I knew how easy it would be to tear her down when something traumatic happened. Was I thinking that Friday night was a lie, no. Paige was never the type to seek attention; she does things recklessly when her mind is somewhere else. You learn a thing for two about someone you hate.

"Funny, I didn't know lying about almost getting raped was something to lie about. You know Parker would've stayed either way, adding some drama will make him run off," I stared at her waiting for some reaction.

"He stayed for awhile with you then huh? Drama every night," she looked back at me and I smiled.

"There's a difference Parker loves me, with you he's stuck," I stared forward, "and Paige everyone knows you lied, and wants all the attention on you, even your own brother thinks it's a lie. Who would want to take someone like you anyways? You have nothing to offer," I stared at her and I knew I hit a part of her.

"What do you want from me Haylee?" she looked at me and I saw the glassy eyes and I realized I had her, her tears just needed motivation to flow. She took him from me, she took the one thing from me that made me happy and I wanted her to hurt.