Settling in p.3

Naruto was currently staring up at the ceiling of his new room, waiting for the time to pass or his sleepiness to take over. He was still thinking about his future plans to deal with Kaguya with Kurama when he heard the door to his room open. Imagine his surprise and embarrassment when Naruko came in with an elegant purple nightgown that expressed her developing figure as she closed the door behind her.

Sighing as he sat up on his bed, Naruto asked. "What is it Naruko-chan?"

Naruko looked hesitant as she played with her golden blonde hair which was freely flowing down her back and reached to her knees. She had wanted to do this with her precious big brother for a while now, so she mustered up her courage and spoke, "Onii-chan... can I sleep with you?"

Naruto raised a surprised eyebrow in the dim lighting of the room, sitting up straighter. "Why?"

"I can't sleep..." she said shyly, shuffling her feet as she did, "I-I don't want to feel alone again... I'm scared that this is some elaborate genjutsu just to break my heart..." Naruto's eyes softened as he heard her pleading tone, "I-I'm scared that you'll disappear."

"I see..." Naruto said, before he smiled, moving aside and patting the empty space beside him, "Come here then."

Without wasting any more time, she bolted towards the empty spot and proceeded to curl up beside him. Naruto laid back down on the bed as he wrapped his arms around his sister, slowly rocking her to sleep. He was about to drift off as well when she heard Naruko whisper something.

"Ano... Onii-chan?"

"Yes Naruko-chan?"

She proceeded to kiss him on the forehead, leaving him frozen in place. "Good night ..."

An involuntary surge of happiness welled up within him, and he resisted the urge to shout out to the world about how happy he was feeling. He had finally known what a family's love was, and he couldn't be more relieved and happy. He had found his purpose of living, a person he would die to protect.

Breaking out of his stupor, he smiled as he responded by kissing her forehead, earning a blush from her in return, "Good night, Naruko-chan..."

As the new brother and sister drifted off under the night sky, their hands unconsciously intertwined together during the night with small smiles gracing their lips.

The next day, as the golden rays of the morning sun shone through the lace curtains of the room, illuminating the peaceful sleeping face of Naruko, whose eyes twitched a little before slowly opening, and she wondered why she was feeling so warm and safe at the moment.

Her purple eyes widened as memories from last night flashed through her mind, and she immediately looked around, softening as she laid her eyes on the sleeping form of Naruto still holding her in an embrace, and she relaxed as her fears subsided. The young girl was scared that yesterday's events were just a series of illusions caused by a genjutsu, and she was very worried that her new found happiness was just a cruel joke played by someone. She smiled warmly as she snuggled deeper into her brother's chest, closing her eyes as she tried to get some more sleep...

Suddenly, her bedside alarm clock sounded off, and Naruko had to resist the urge to groan as she wanted to spend as much time with her new precious person. She blushed as her thoughts suddenly derailed and headed somewhere inappropriate, and she shook her head vigorously to clear them as she slipped out of Naruto's embrace and stopped the alarm clock, which showed it was about eight in the morning. She berated herself for feeling that way towards her brother, which was wrong to her in so many ways. But, in the back of her mind, she couldn't help but feel that her feelings were... right.