The wave begins!

(Long ass chapter)

Naruko huffed as she eyed the tree in front of her under the watchful eye of Naruto, who was speaking as he explained the exercise she was about to do.

It was the day after their Genin Test which Team Seven along with Naruto had passed, with Kakashi explaining to them about the importance of teamwork and the willingness to sacrifice one's own life for their comrades, as quoted by Kakashi himself, "Those abandon the mission are trash, but those who abandon their friends are worse than trash." Naruko also noticed that when the man said those words, she felt the underlining hurt and regret that came with his words of wisdom, which spoke of deep personal loss that were too painful to be revealed.

Naruko had asked her brother about it, and Naruto explained that Kakashi had lost his entire team – coincidentally it was also named Team Seven – over the years. Imagine her shock when she learned that Kakashi's sensei was Minato, her father. His other teammates were Uchiha Obito and Nohara Rin, both of them dying for the sake of the village and their friend. Naruko couldn't help but feel sad for Kakashi's loss and it explained why her silver haired sensei was so distant and aloof, as it was all just a mask to hide away his grief and sorrow – much like how she once was, years ago.

After Team Seven was officially formed, Kakashi had given them the next day off to recuperate and Naruko wasted no time to hold onto her brother's offer to train her, which she was absolutely ecstatic for! Naruto's way of teaching, along with his patience and kindness as he taught her step by step always made Naruko feel happy about herself and it encouraged her to push the boundaries of her own abilities and become stronger than before just to hear his praise more often.

They were currently in a secluded spot within Training Ground Seven, and it was here that Naruto had planned their training session this early in the morning, at dawn to be exact. But Naruko had no complaints, for she was too excited at the prospect of training with Naruto.

"Alright Naruko-chan, we're going to be doing chakra control exercises today," Naruto explained to the other blonde as she listened intently, "Since we both share Kurama's massive chakra reserves along with our own natural ones, chakra control will be the hardest to maintain as our larger reserves tend to make us waste more chakra than necessary to perform jutsus. Not only does chakra control reduces the amount of chakra needed to perform a jutsu, it also increases our reserves in the long run, so the more chakra you have . . ."

"The more jutsus we'll be able to perform and it will be less taxing on our bodies . . ." Naruko finished, earning a nod of approval from Naruto.

"You catch on quick, as expected of my cute little sister," Naruko blushed as Naruto said that with a cheeky smile on his face. "Now the first exercise is the easiest one: tree climbing."

Naruko tilted her head in confusion, "Tree climbing?" she asked. Wouldn't it be easier to just leap onto the tree branches instead of climbing them? It seemed counterproductive to her.

Naruto chuckled. "Yes, tree climbing, but not in the way that you think," he said as he walked up to the tree, "you have to climb the tree without using your hands, only your feet." At her questioning look, Naruto decided to just show her what he meant as he placed a foot on the bark of the tree, getting the feel of his chakra attaching his feet to it, and soon he was walking vertically up the tree with his hands in his pockets until he was under one of the branches and looking upside down at the stunned and awed visage of Naruko, who he thought looked cute on her. "See what I mean?"

Naruko clapped her hands together as she bounced on her feet, "Sugoi! That's awesome Onii-chan!" she cheered, making Naruto smile. "I'm going to be learning that?"