Part 1 - I was innocent

"Get ready, everyone," Lloyd said.

It wasn't anything groundbreaking. Just the usual drill of stopping robbers from raiding stores in Ninjago. The only minor problem was that The Mechanic was free. 

I used to be the go-to positivity provider, keeping everyone's spirits high. 

But, you know, life somehow had different plans for me. It's those sorts of plans that are bad, but good at the same time — plans that flipped my life upside down and tossed me into a whole new realm.

Right when we were about to leave, the mailman barged in and dropped a letter. The guy looked worried as if he had just talked to the devil. He was usually much more talkative than this. 

I could tell from my past interactions with him what this meant; it meant trouble was brewing in Ninjago.

Maybe it's about this mysterious Vengestone Buyer guy?

"For Jay," The mailman muttered before running away.

Normally, he'd stick around for some small talk, but not this time. I wonder what made him so scared and what was in that letter about me.

I popped open the letter, everyone peering over my shoulder. 

Subject: Urgent - Legal Matter

Dear Jay Walker,

We hope this letter finds you okay, but we have to give you some heavy news. 

Cyrus Borg was found dead in his wheelchair at 5:00 A.M. by his robot daughter P.I.X.A.L. 

He seems to have a heart attack, but we have found signs of a lightning discharge with no traces of any weapons or any technical problems that caused the heart attack, 

All the clues that we have found, unfortunately, lead to you as the prime suspect behind his murder.

Now, by the right to a fair trial, we are letting your ninja team decide if you are guilty or innocent and what punishment you will get. 

There is no fixed date, but we would like you to refrain from going anywhere unless your Ninja team allows you to. 

When we have the date of the trial ready, your ninja team will take you to the courtroom where they will decide your punishment as to whether you are innocent or guilty and what happens afterward.  

Wishing you the best of luck, 

The Ninjago Justice Department

—————————————————————————-----------------------------------------------------——

They threw me in Kryptarium prison. 

By the looks of it, they likely believed the letter instead of me. 

"Guys, wait!" I tried. "I swear to The First Spinjitsu Master it wasn't me!"

The team looked at me with astonished faces. The police showed them some sort of evidence, but what was it?

There's no way they believed the cops; just how convincing was the evidence?!

The cops handcuffed me and I got in the van. 

I glanced at my Ninja team and all of them had these shocked and hateful expressions. They definitely believe that I killed Borg. 

I wanted to see the "evidence" the police showed the ninja. There's no way that they would believe I would kill Borg that easily.