Part 8 - There's a bomb here?!

Jay's POV:

I woke up, the memories of yesterday still functioning like today. 

I beat The Swordsman, The Swordsman of all people! That's right, the guy ranked 12th in The Vipers. Even despite all the hardships I faced, I managed to beat him. My resilience eventually kicked in and I came out on top. 

This solidified the start of my defiance against The Vipers. This is the start of the revolution against The Vipers to regain control. I now had a mysterious ally called "Emily Coldstone" on my side. 

Suddenly, I got a call from Mark.

"What's up?" I asked, a hint of curiosity in my voice.

"Jay, look at the TV," Mark urged, his voice brimming with excitement. "You'll be shocked," 

He then hung up.

Confusion washed over me. What could be so urgent that Mark wanted me to tune in to the television? With a flick of my fingers, I turned on the TV, the screen coming to life with a burst of light.

And there it was, splashed across the news channels—a replay of my recent battle against The Swordsman, my victory illuminated for the world to witness. The headlines blazed with words of victory and resilience, a completely unexpected twist in my journey. Though I didn't think it was true, Mark was right: my victory made me much more popular. 

It was surreal to see how my actions had captured the attention of not just the public, but even those who were previously against me. That Senator Bridge guy that I saw from the article, who was formerly a huge critic, was now openly endorsing my leadership. I guess my repeated punches to The Swordsman somewhat showed him that I also could be brutal. 

A surge of emotions coursed through me—pride, gratitude, and a touch of apprehension. This unexpected turn of events presented an opportunity, a platform to amplify my message and rally the people towards a vision we all shared: to make a peaceful environment around us, one free from The Vipers. It was a chance to utilize my newfound influence for the greater good, to bring about meaningful change in the lives of those who had placed their faith in me.

Well, that wasn't all to be explored...

 opened my email, greeted by a flood of notifications and emails. My inbox was overflowing with messages of support, words of encouragement, and links to numerous articles - all from governmental agencies - and websites that had rallied behind my cause. Just overnight, the entire country shifted their views of me; there would always be critics, but 90% of the population supported me. 

Author's Note: Jay and Mark have a secret email service that notifies the government about The Vipers' latest moves. The email was dormant until Jay beat The Swordsman - the government's interest reinvested after Jay's victory against The Swordsman. Thus, they sent these messages, congratulating Jay and encouraging him to continue, with links to websites supporting his cause. 

Each page that I read underscored my journey in this city, chronicling the trials and triumphs that had led me to this moment. The comments were filled with praise, commending my resilience, strategic prowess, and unwavering determination. It was a refreshing change from the skepticism and doubt that had shadowed me in the past.

A lot of the weight from the past was lifted off my shoulders, and replaced by a renewed sense of purpose and validation. It had been a long and arduous journey since the events in Ninjago, where trust had been shattered and friendships strained. The memory of those difficult times still lingered, casting a shadow on my interactions with others. But now, in this moment of overwhelming support, I felt a glimmer of hope.