Part 20 - I'm not alone

Jay's POV:

"I'll start by saying that I and this Jay are from another world," Mark started. "A world much different from yours..."

"A different world?" Kai asked. "Master sometimes talked about other universes with other versions of us,"

"Exactly," Mark replied. "The point is, I and this Jay are from an entirely different universe than yours,"

"How do we know if what you're saying is real?" Cole asked. 

He then turned to me with a serious expression. 

"If what he's saying is real, why would you even ask Nya out and pretend that everything's fine?"

"Cole does have a point there," Lloyd added. "It's not like Jay to suddenly gain a dose of confidence and ask Nya out,"

"His name is Jay Walker, who should be the lightning ninja according to your realm," Mark stated. "The name of his adoptive parents are Ed and Edna Walker and his primary weapons are nunchucks-"

"Flail," Kai corrected. "His main weapon is a flail, but he does occasionally use nunchucks,"

"And Lloyd's father is Lord Garmadon, who was bitten by a snake when he was young, causing him to become evil. That snake was the great devourer-"

"Never mind, you gained my trust," Lloyd conceded. "He knows way too much about us. Only Master Wu would know how my dad became evil,"

"Jay...is this true?" Cole asked. 

I stayed silent for a bit before answering. 

"He's right," I concluded. "I am Jay Walker from another world, according to what Mark is saying,"

The others looked at me with shocked faces. Even Mark was shocked at how I admitted everything to them. It wasn't like me to suddenly speak up like this, especially after my banishment. 

"Well, that's a roller-coaster," Kai muttered.

"If that's the case, then why did you pretend to take the role of our Jay?" Nya asked. "Wait, where is our Jay?!"

"Our Jay took control of his mind, so your Jay is still alive but not conscious," Mark replied. 

"So...let me get this straight?" Nya asked. "You randomly came and took over the mind of our Jay, pretended to impersonate him, and even asked me out?!"

Mark shot me a sharp glance. I could sense his disapproval from miles away. Yeah, I got pretty carried away from being here. I got a bit too disillusioned with my past and forgot to focus on the present.

"That's...what it looks like apparently," Mark replied. "He...I think he got carried away or some-"

Nya slammed me to the wall, taking a dagger out and pointing it towards me. I wouldn't condone the actions of the Nya of my world, but this Nya has every right to be mad. I took over the mind of her Jay and asked her out: anyone would be mad if they found out. 

"Bring our Jay back now!" Nya demanded. "If you don't, then have fun seeing this dagger in your eye,"

"Damn, this Jay really is a master manipulator," Kai sighed. "Of all the things you could have done, you chose to ask my sister out,"

"It's funny and disgusting at the same time," Cole added. "You are seriously messed up, buddy,"

"I think we should try to hear him out," Lloyd interjected. "He definitely has some sort of ulterior motive and coming from my experience, he's hiding something important,"

"Yes, we can explain this to you," Mark replied. "Actually, you guys could help him a lot,"

"Help him?" Cole asked. "But he-"