Part 10 - It's all my fault

Have you ever wondered how different life would be if a single event hadn't destroyed everything that you held dear?

 I always found myself imagining a life where I spent carefree days playing video games with my friend Cole, enjoying precious moments with Nya, and embracing my role as a ninja in the monastery. It's astonishing how one false accusation could so drastically alter the course of my existence, plunging it into an abyss of despair.

The weight of this injustice is crushing, permeating every fiber of my being. The dreams I once cherished now lie in ruins, shattered by the cruel hands of fate. How can a person look at a world that takes pleasure in taking people's joy and hope, leaving behind only a desolate wasteland of shattered dreams?

In the depths of my despair, solace takes me over. I'm still searching in vain for a glimmer of light, a spark of hope to guide me through this darkness. But all I find is an unforgiving void that consumes me, leaving me to navigate a treacherous path obscured by shadows and burdened by an unjust fate.

Hope, that elusive light in times of darkness, feels like a distant memory. Its absence is a testament to the depths of my despair, a reminder that fate can be merciless and unforgiving. I am left to confront an irreversible truth: the life I once envisioned has been snatched away, replaced by a future dictated by falsehood and ruin.

So, I surrender to the overwhelming waves of despair, allowing them to envelop me completely. I get rid of any glimmer of hope that might arise - it feels like a cruel illusion in my current state. The shattered fragments of my soul drift aimlessly, devoid of purpose or redemption. In this deep abyss, despair becomes my friend, whispering of a future devoid of comfort or relief.

As I witnessed the horrifying fate of Senator Red and the entire SWAT Team, my despair transformed into an overwhelming surge of rage. In a fit of unrestrained fury, I delivered a powerful punch to Blur's face, sending him reeling backward.

Under normal circumstances, he would have evaded my attack, but this time I fought with full force. I abandoned my usual reservations and held nothing back. While I must admit that Nightshade's strength far surpasses my own, especially in my current state, when it came to adversaries like The Swordsman and the others I've faced, I fought with the intent of not going too far. It was one of the rules in Billy's books. I was going all out but didn't fight with the intention of zero limits. 

His cry of pain escaped his lips, the result of the impact of my blow.

"So, tell me," I said. "Do human lives mean nothing to you? All these people, they had a family to go back to, and now they can't do that anymore. Why do you guys engage in these sorts of atrocities? What's the point of having a conglomerate if its sole pursuit is the merciless slaughter of innocent lives for personal gain? How are you all even a conglomerate in the first place?"

A burst of disturbing laughter escaped his lips, a haunting echo that filled the room.

"Is that the only reason you have for fighting me?" he taunted, his voice dripping with scorn.

Struggling to maintain control over my boiling anger, I demanded answers, refusing to let him evade my inquiries.

"Answer my questions," I pressed, my voice barely concealing my seething emotions.

With a smirk on his face, he provided a sinister hint, revealing the twisted mindset that drove their despicable deeds.

"Let me give you a clue. Do you truly believe that a conglomerate or a faction of our scale needs reasons for the atrocities you described? We do what we do simply because it brings us pleasure," he replied, his words resonating with a chilling sense of malevolence.