Part 9 - You leave me no choice

Senator Red had been kidnapped...

As the realization sank in that the bomb explosion had been a calculated diversion, my determination to save Senator Red surged even further. The Vipers had cunningly used the chaos and panic to their advantage, isolating our respected senator with malicious intent.

"We can't let them succeed," I said firmly, my voice filled with resolve.

Mark agreed, his voice reflecting the gravity of the situation.

"We can't waste any more time. The longer they have him, the higher the risk. We need to find their hideout and launch a rescue operation."

"Rescue Operation with just the two of us?" I asked, my concern evident.

"No," Mark replied, a glimmer of confidence in his voice. "A SWAT team is coming to help you," he continued.

Relief washed over me as Mark revealed the additional support. The police trusted us, acknowledging our expertise in dealing with threats like The Vipers.

"They call me Cryptic," Mark said. "I've had that name since the old days!" 

Note: By the old days, Mark meant back when Billy was alive

Cryptic was a cool name, but I was more concerned about Senator Red at the moment. 

"But how will we find their hideout?" I asked, realizing the challenge ahead.

Mark's lips curled into a knowing smile.

"That's where my alias comes in handy. Cryptic always has a few tricks up his sleeve. I've been collecting intelligence on The Vipers for months. I know their patterns, their contacts, and their weaknesses!"

A surge of renewed determination coursed through me as I absorbed Mark's words. We weren't just two individuals against a formidable enemy; we were a force armed with knowledge and a shared purpose.

The sound of approaching sirens echoed in the distance, signaling the imminent arrival of the SWAT team. Time was of the essence, and we needed to act swiftly. With the combined forces of law enforcement and our unwavering resolve, we would infiltrate The Vipers' hideout, rescue Senator Red, and dismantle the nefarious organization once and for all.

Someone got out of the SWAT team followed by a couple of others. 

"The president got kidnapped!" one of them yelled.

"You didn't consider saving him?!" another one of them asked.

If it were the old me, I would have yelled at them, but I decided to keep my composure. It was important to remain calm and composed as a superhero. I learned over time to channel my anger and frustration towards a productive outlet.

"There was a bomb," I replied, my voice steady and controlled. "I had to prioritize containing the explosion to prevent harm to nearby buildings and innocent civilians. It was a difficult decision to make, but the safety of the city as a whole was at stake."

The murmurs among the SWAT team subsided as they listened to my explanation. Understanding began to dawn on their faces, and the initial anger transformed into a mix of concern and admiration.

"Sorry," the SWAT member said, his voice filled with sincerity.

"It's fine," I replied, understanding the weight of the situation on everyone's shoulders. "I know that you're all worried, and believe me, I am too. But if we want to save Senator Red, we have to work together. Our strength lies in unity and coordination."

The SWAT team members nodded, their expressions determined. They were professionals, trained for situations like these, and their commitment to the mission was evident.