Part 11 - Can I help you?

I woke up. 

After a long time, I could finally feel the day's warmth hit me. I used to wake up feeling nothing since I was still under the fake belief that I had to make everything up. 

I felt a lot better after my talk with Mark. It made me realize that I should shift my focus toward defeating the Vipers. It's smarter to use the things I've learned and the good memories rather than getting stuck on the bad ones.

Even though the trial still bugs me, I know it's time to accept what happened and keep moving forward. I might not be able to fully move on, but I can definitely set it aside and concentrate on what's happening right now. 

I suddenly remembered that I hadn't updated my journal in a long time. I took it out and started writing.

Day 28,

It's been a while since I've written anything here.

Can you believe it? Almost a month has passed since I arrived in the city. Time flies.

I've had my fair share of victories, defeating fighters ranked 17th and 14th in The Vipers. But it hasn't come without a cost...

The deaths of a Senator and an entire SWAT team weigh heavily on me. I hold myself responsible for their loss. Despite carrying the burden of that blame, I continue to fight, determined to honor their memories and ensure the safety of the city for another day.

I had a conversation with Mark about everything that's happened, including the trial and such. He really helped me feel better, and now I feel like I can keep moving forward.

There's a resemblance between the Master of Synergy and the former ranked 7th in The Vipers, but there's no concrete evidence linking them. It's just something to keep in mind, I guess.

Today, I'm scheduled for a public interview to discuss what happened with Senator Red. I'm not exactly sure what to say, but wish me luck!

Sincerely, Jay Walker

Suddenly, I received a call from Mark.

"Hey," Mark said. "You ready?"

"Yeah, no," I replied.

To be honest, I was feeling extremely stressed about the upcoming backlash. Senator Red was well-liked, and his death was sure to cause public outrage.

"Look, you need to brush off the claims, like you did in Ninjago back when you were a ninja and had trouble with your missions," Mark said, trying to cheer me up.

I had reluctantly shared some of my past missions with him, specifically the encounters with The Overlord, Nadhakhan, and Unagami, which I considered to be the most significant events. I also mentioned the Never-Realm, as the idea of traveling to another realm and saving it from a great reign of terror seemed incredibly surreal.

"Well, what happened before?" I asked, feeling annoyed as I referred to the trial.

"Look, what you need to do is keep your cool. Billy also faced similar situations in the past," Mark replied.

"Alright, I'll try," I responded before hanging up the call. 

I headed out to the broadcast station.

________________________________________________________________________________

"He beat two people ranked above 20?" Spartan (Ranked 6th) asked, clearly shocked at the news.

"Yeah," ??? (Ranked 5th) replied. "Defeating The Swordsman was impressive on its own, but taking on two opponents with comparable strength to him simultaneously is on a whole different level."