11. The Thing Between You and Me

{Mature content ahead.
We continue after Yibo was suspected as a murderer by Miss Heyrin Kim}
~•~
_

_____________________________________

"What? No!! No !! I didn't kill him...I just found out... I.." Yibo never thought someone will accuse him like that.

"You...you're a murderer..." She starts mumbling...She snaps Yibo's hand and spaces herself.

Facing a murderer all by herself while her father is lying just a few metres away, it's too much for her to take. And this murderer was the person who made her heart flutter.

She drags her body on the ground distancing from Yibo. She is frightened and shocked. Clearly, she is not into herself. She refused to believe that Yibo is not the murderer.

"You were the only person here...I didn't see anyone left the room.. it must be you... You're are a murderer...why? Why you kill him?"

"No Miss, please listen to me. I didn't kill him. I don't want to harm you either. Please calm down.."

But Yibo's effort fails.

If she declared Yibo as a murderer to the guests, that's going to be a huge issue. When only two of them is here, it's normal for the guest to whatever the girl, the daughter of the victim says.

He walks towards her to convince her, but she shuts her eyes tight and about to scream louder; Yibo covers her mouth.

She frightens too much that she loses her consciousness.

Yibo has no clue about what to do. Then he hears some footsteps and cheating sounds coming closer towards the door. Somebody is in the hallway. The door is still slightly open.

Yibo carries her and puts her senseless body in a cupboard in the corner of the room. Closes it.

The sounds come very near to the door, at that time, Yibo fangs open the door and shouts, "Mr Kim - he is dead!"

Though Yibo noticed the body well, one can easily say it's a murder. Why will a party host suicide on the very day?

Everyone gathers in the room. There are police officers and a doctor who is also at the party. They take prompt action.
Then everyone notices that Mr Kim's daughter is missing.

As Yibo is the one who noticed the body first, he has to go through a lot of questioning.
In his alibi Yibo says he was passing the area then found that the room was slightly open, it was Mr Kim's office. He entered inside to bid goodbye to Mr Kim for today and found the dead body. He got frightened and ran outside when two gentlemen were passing the area.
That's it. He doesn't know more than that.

Yibo drags Zo into a corner. He discloses everything to her.

"What? She is in the cupboard?"

"Yes, she was deliberately saying that I'm the killer. As it's her father, they may believe her words. So, I hid her.".

"Now what should we do!!!"

"I'm sorry. I couldn't think anything better."

Zo gets the full picture. It's a lot of trouble to hide a girl, mainly in this chaos. Yibo is not used to handle various situations, he only acted as per the current situation. If we leave her, she will say Yibo's name after getting back her consciousness. And a killer should kill a witness, he will never leave her unconscious. So, we can't blame the killer. Now, she doesn't have any guardian. Who knows if the killer tries to harm her. He may be still at the party.