18. Picaresque Heroes

Zo enters his office. She can easily read the atmosphere from the sounds of rampage. She rushes towards those who are threatening the workers and beating them mercilessly. She grabs their gullets and hit their head to each other. As they fall on the floor, she steps on them and when other guys try to stop her, she jumps on them and kicks hard.

The workers inside the company forgot to fear and pain - they are feeling like they are watching a superhero movie... They did not know their madam is so badass.

"Leave the office. Quick!" Zo commands the workers.

"They fix many bombs in the wall. They said they will blast the whole building." Amy comes at Zo running, she was also fighting on the other side.

"They seem overly angry on me... They are not here to kill the head but demolish the whole Company." Zo says.

It's hard to find those and inactive them. So it's better if evacuate the building. She asked Amy to empty the office and she runs for Mr Kang's office.

When Zo enters inside the cabin, finds there are 3 people, one destroying everything inside, two people beating her husband. He is getting beaten helplessly.

As soon as Zo enters, everyone looks at her.
Zo roars at them, "Let    him    go!!!"

They smirk at her.
"Look, who came to save you... haha"

All of them laugh hard.

"Who are you bitch? Don't you see we are busy?" A guy says to Zo.

Another person comes to Zo. "Or you wanna play too? ha! ha! ha!"

Zo understands they are simple gangsters or small criminals. They don't know much about the company much. That means they are hired weaklings..

"Hey, bitch, why don't you say something too?"

They make fun of them while talking nonsense.
Zo is testing her patients while looking at her husband...he is full of bruises...his eyes turned blue and swollen, blood coming out of his nose and teeth. He can't even look at Zo properly. Very inside he is blaming himself.

Those guys tied up Mr Kang and come to Zo.

They grip Zo's face, "Why are you still looking at that deaf? That Bastard can't even shout when we were beating him... huh pathetic loser!"

Another man laughs, "What a waste... We have beaten so many trashes but never seen someone like him. He is too boring."
He looks at Zo, "Why you care for him? With the body of yours you can get a better man, don't you think, lady?"

Zo has had enough, she is trying her best to suppress, her eyes only on her husband.
They touch her, then she finally speaks to her husband, "Do you still want me to keep the promise?"

Mr Kang, a simple human being, can't tolerate this anymore. He was feeling tired and helpless, he closes his eyes made some sounds in his mouth, he can't even speak or cry properly or do anything....only pain digging a hole inside him. He took all the beaten because he is powerless, but when they touch Zo, that makes him mad...

Zo promised him that she will not kill anyone or fight like she used to do. She will lead a 'normal' life. But he can't let his wife get assaulted for a stupid promise.
He shakes his head desperately - "don't get hurt, please save yourself". Zo smiles faintly and says, "Thanks"

Now Zo looks at those men, she grabs a guy's hand that is holding her shirt.

The man's eyes widen as just a simple grip from this woman feels like his bones are crushed inside. "Aaaaaaaa-" he moans loudly. He underestimated her because she is a woman - they thought she is an emotional fool. But power does not depend on sex.