" co - captain "

Scott's pov : " State! State! State!" Everyone was cheering and chanting. We won our game. " Stiles?" I called out. " stiles! Stiles!" Has anyone seen stiles?" I called out but it was no use, everyone was to busy celebrating the win. I then turned around and bumped into Allison. We looked at each other awkwardly.

She then laughed a bit and said " you were uh pretty awesome out there." - " thanks. You, too." I said, she looked at me confused and I breathed out. Good one Scott, " YOU TO?" really Scott. " I mean, that's not what I meant." I stated. " no, no, I did some pretty awesome cheering. You can thank me." She said smiling. " you did?" I asked laughing a bit.

" totally. I went from 'go, team, go,'to 'Defense, defense' without a breath. I brought my A-game." She said smiling. "state! State! State!" One of the lacrosse players came and interrupted the conversation between me and Allison. She then left. Before I can say anything.

"Oh isn't that just heartbreaking? Gosh I bet it causes a lot of sleepless nights. You know what, though, McCall? I actually sympathize, which is why I'm gonna make this mutually beneficial. You give me what I want, and I'll help you get her back." Jackson said.

"What?" I asked. " well, three days makes it just in time for the winter formal. Uh, thinking about you taking her instead of me. And also think about all the things you're able to do to get her out of some tight little dress by the end of the night. See how this could work out for everybody? Three days, McCall." He said while smacking my face then walking away.
- later -
I finished showering and walked to my locker. " by the way, McCall apology accepted." Danny said. "I didn't apologize." I said. " every time you got the ball tonight, you passed it to me." He said laughing. "Every-time I passed the ball to you, you scored." I told him. " apology accepted." He said while leaving.

After he left the lights then turned off. "Danny?" I called out. I then walked to the light switch and flicked the switch on, but the lights didn't come on. I then noticed one of the lacrosse balls roll down the floor, I walked a bit closer. I picked up the ball and walked down to see where it rolled from. I looked up to see Derek standing right there.

What the hell, is he trying to give me a heart attack?
" thank god! Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on?" I asked him stepping closer. I then heard a movement behind me and saw Derek's uncle, accept he was standing and didn't have the burns on his face. He held my lacrosse stick in his hands.

" I really don't get lacrosse. " he said. " it was you.." was all I can say from the shock. "When I was in high school, we played basketball. There's a real sport. Still I read somewhere that lacrosse comes from Native American tribes. And that they played it to resolve conflict. Do I have that right?" Derek's uncle asked himself. " I have a little conflict of my own to resolve, Scott. But I need your help to do it. " he continued.

"I'm not helping you kill people." I told him. "Well I don't want to kill all of them. Just the responsible ones. And that doesn't have to include.. " - "Allison." Derek chimed in. I looked at Derek in disbelief. "You're on his side?" I asked. He didn't say a word. "Are you forgetting the part where he killed your sister?" I screamed out. " it was a mistake." Derek said.

"What?!" I asked. " it happens." He said. "Scott.. I think you're getting the wrong impression of us. We really just want to help you reach your full potential." Derek's uncle spoke up. "By killing my friends." I stated. "Sometimes the people closest to you can be the ones holding you back the most." He said.

" if they're holding me back from becoming a psychotic nut job like you, I'm okay with that." I spat. He then walked closer to me, and said " maybe you could try and see things from my perspective." He said while his nails growing. He then put his hands in my neck. I fell to the floor unable to move.