Ch-12: An x anonymous x emotion

"Thank you for being my friend, Illumi

"Thank you for being my friend, Illumi. Goodbye." She said caressing my cheek. Hey eyes and brows, bent into a painful ark, yet that smile left me feeling that strange thump again. The only difference was that this one, hurt me. 'I am an assassin and I don't need any friends... but when did I become her... Friend?' I asked myself. My mother always told me that I don't need any friends, but I never asked the question. Today, That question just popped up into my mind as I saw her run away after dropping me at a safe distance, WHY? Why was it that I was not allowed to have any friends? Was it because I am an assassin? That does not fit right. 

"It's okay to give in to your emotions every once in a while, you are a human too, right Illumi?" My father once told me, and now I understood the meaning of those words.

The very thought of witnessing her limp, dead body haunted me. The feeling was weird, new, anonymous. I was just not sure of what to do, all I thought of doing was to help her fight off that monster. She said it was a demon, that was capable of eating almost everyone on zevil Island. That was it, I ran off to find her. I called Hisoka, "Hisoka, Yeah, It's me, Illumi. Look, there is a serious problem here. Find me as soon as possible." I told him and hung up the phone. I ran in the same direction as she went, the intense blood lust was easy to spot. Soon I spotted her over a small rundown house. She was bleeding heavily through her arm while that blonde boy was using a pain of fans that looked razor sharp. Azien was using only one sword and striking him with great power. Their moves were so strong, fast and intense that it was almost impossible to follow from that distance. Each swing was packed with great energy, each blow was decorated with pure power, those were truly the skills of an expert sword artist.

She was taking quick, shallow breaths in between

She was taking quick, shallow breaths in between. I closed in quietly, more like to provide a sneak attack. After a few more attacks, she backed off and they both stood at a distance of about 10 meters. "You're really good. I will give you that." The demon boy said. Azien was quiet and still. "How rude, I just complimented you and you won't even answer?" The boy said. "Oh wait! You know you are going to die! And that's why you don't want to waste your energy do you?" He laughed like a psychopath, "Take pride you filthy half breed! You are going to be eaten by me! The best subordinate of Master Douma himself!"