𝟮𝟳 | 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸

kai  thursday december 23

kai
thursday december 23

"I'm about to get on the road I should be
there at 12."

"Okay just please be safe."

I hang up my phone and waltz into the kitchen, Jaden is on his way over now. As soon as he arrives we're all driving to Rebecca and Roman's house.

It's been a few days so let me catch you up, I'm avoiding Roman.

That's it.

Sure he hasn't tried to talk to me either which makes it easier to avoid him.

After what I heard that night in the kitchen I took off the pond near the house and just sat there until shortly after Rebecca found me. I've been trying to not let it affect me and I've been telling myself that it meant nothing, but it did. I wanted to cancel the plans for Christmas but Rebecca refused to let me. She said she would drag me there by my ear if she has to, and knowing her she would've.

The door slams shut. Thank God, I've been eating for Rebecca to get home with my ice cream for so long. "I know you told me to pack a bathing suit but  I don't think any of them fit me and it's December for Pete's sakes." I turn around expecting to find Rebecca but instead I find Roman.

Just my luck. Rebecca told me that he was going to head home early today so he could spend more time with Aria.

I guess he changed his mind.

I quickly turn around and fix my attention back on the strawberries I was washing. I turn off the faucet, grab the bowel of strawberries and make my escape back to my room. I would've made it too if a strong grip on my arm hadn't stopped me.

"Can we talk?" He asks.

no.

My brain was telling me. I know I shouldn't.

"About?"

really?

I know I know I'm sorry!

He hesitates for a moment and suddenly what ever courage he had to talk to me disappeared, "it's always hot back home. You should pack a bathing suit."

I roll my eyes and walk away from him heading to the stairs. I make it to my room and crash on my bed.

Why did I have to go in the freaking room with him? Now we're back to square zero and I hate it. We were good as friends but now it's all ruined. I turn on some music on my laptop and finish packing.

I ended up packing three bathing suits just incase. I packed a simple black two piece, a two piece blue one with small flowers, and; my personal favorite, a white one piece with slits around the abdomen area.

I also made sure to pack all the gifts in a separate bag. I got gifts for Jaden , Kenzie, Rebecca, her parents, Aria, and Roman. I also got gifts for Asher and Dean but I already gave it to them yesterday.

I would be broke right now but after hours and hours of begging Jaden finally agreed to give me some money from my trust fund after I made him swear it would be from mine and not his.

~~~~~~~~

It's been almost four hours since Jaden got on the road, he just called and said he was twenty minutes away. I grab my suitcases and bring them down to my car. I make it halfway my car before Rebecca stops me. "What do you think you're doing?" She asks.

"I'm putting my suitcases in my car." I say in a 'duh' tone.

"Put them in Roman's car." She demands.

"I don't think the five of us will fit in his car." I deadpan.

"We won't, that's why your brother and Kenzie are riding with me."

I open my mouth to protest but she beats me to it, "look I don't know what's up with you and my brother but you guys need to work it out. You have three hours to talk, make the most of them."

I huff in annoyance before dropping my bags near Roman's car. I head inside the house and find him coming down the stairs, "I need you to unlock your car."

"Why?" He asks.

"Because your sister is making me ride with you and Jaden is almost here." I don't wait for his response I simply walk past him on the stairs and head into my room. I grab my small backpack that contains my phone, laptop, chargers, AirPods and other little things. I take one last look and head out to Roman's car. I find him putting the suitcases in the backseats.

On cue Jaden's car pulls up. I squeal and run to him as soon as he steps out of the car. It's only been a few weeks but I missed him so much. "Hey J."

"Lani." He smiles. I grab him arm and lead him to where everyone else is. "J this is Rebecca" I gesture towards the blond and slight smirk. "That's Kenzie." I turn to Roman and my mood changes but I quickly cover it up. "And that's Roman." He greets all of them and soon after we're all heading towards our designated cars. I take one last look at my outfit, making sure it's comfortable enough for the ride. I'm wearing a pair of sweatpants with a a loose white top.

I step into the car and immediately go to put in my AirPods but I find them missing, I'm about to go back inside the house to get them but my phone rings.

"Just and fyi I took your headphones,
you guys have to talk. Okay bye."

It takes me a minute to register what just happened but when I realize I curse at myself. Great now I don't even have my escape.

so i'm having a bit of writers block rn 😐 so this probably the only chapter i'm uploading this weekend. I'll update monday tho but i need time to write the next few chapters 🦋

word count: 1005

published:4•24•21