𝟰𝟲 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁

PLEASE READ THE AUTHORS NOTE FROM THE LAST CHAPTER!

roman pov:

1 second.

1 wrong turn.

One mistake can cost you your entire life.

24 hours ago I was watching the woman I love, she was happy and full of brightness.

Now I watch her as she's covered in blood and glass.

What went wrong? Less than a minute ago she was singing along to Harry Styles, and now he's gasping for air. The memories flashback. We were at a red light, once it turned green I lifted my foot off the gas. Halfway through a car slams into the passenger seat and sends up spinning out of control.

Finally, we stop, crashing into a pole. Glass everywhere, airbags out. People pulling over.

I'm in shock.

What the fuck just happened?

The silence is loud.

I snap out of whatever trance I was in. I don't know if it's the adrenaline but I don't feel any physical pain. I look to the passenger side, she has to be okay.

She's not.

Covered in glass and blood. Her eyes are still open and her chest is moving up and down.

She's alive.

"Roman." She chokes out weakly, blood spilling out her mouth as she does so.

"Right here baby, you'll be okay." She will. She has to.

"It hurts."

"I know, just hold on helps coming," I manage to comfort. Stay calm.

Whatever adrenaline I had pumping through me is fading. I feel my head pounding. I feel the glass in my arms. It'll be fine.

"The deja vu I'm getting right now." She says with a weak chuckle.

Even in terrible moments, she'll find a way to make a joke.

Sirens. Fucking finally.

I hear her breath growing slower.

No.

"Listen to the sirens. Helps coming." Stay with me.

"I love you." No. I notice her slowly closing her eyes. No.

"You don't get to do that. You stay awake, you hear me? Listen, helps coming." She weakly manages to nod her head.

Where the hell is the paramedics?!

After what felt like an eternity the ambulance finally pulled up next to the car along with a firetruck. They wanted to take me first but I refused. Kai is more important right now.

Here we are now. Both of us on stretchers being led to ambulances.

"We're losing her!" One of the paramedics shouts.

I immediately snap my head towards Kailani only to find a paramedic giving her CPR on their way to the ambulance.

I try getting up but it's useless.

Please be okay.

Rebecca pov:

"That's all he said?" I'm drilling Jaden for answers to his conversation with Roman yesterday.

"Dead serious."

I burst out laughing.

"I can't even be mad, when Kai told me he was talking to you that's the last thing I'd-" I stop mid-sentence when my phone rings. I control my laughter and look at the number, I don't recognize it.