Valkyrie Missions 1&2: Test and Falcon Wing

Year Proposed: 2037, 8th March

Mission: Test

Proposed Operation: TEST

After Action Report: The Time Worm successful travelled backwards through the timeline, 1 minute and 7 seconds, reappearing before we originally sent it, outside of the Time Box.

Year Proposed: 5033 BC

Mission: Operation Falcon Wing 

Proposed Operation: Initiate time slip for Operation Valkyrie and send the object back to 5033 BC for surveillance and reconnaissance objective. The target is to engage civilians sufficient enough so to create a myth of the Time Worm. All literature, runes and other communications from this time will then be monitored to test whether the Time Worm is seen as a myth by people that were outside of the designated conflict zone. 

AAR (After Action Report): Operation Falcon Wing is hugely successful. We have gathered huge amounts of data from this operation, not just on the Time Worm but also of the timeline itself. In relation to the Time Worm, due to the way that its aspect of time works, as opposed to our own, it requires little time to allow the timeline to adjust, we believe that this will be different when Operation Scorpio launches. In regards of the timeline itself, we noted of a slight disruption when the Time Worm was inserted into the earlier time period and after that we noticed a much bigger wave that pulsed from that very time period. The moment it reached our time period (present day) our sensors, hooked up to notice either the description of the Time Worm or similar myths originating from the input year, exploded with data. It appears that the wave that we noticed went through the timeline changing time to accommodate for the Time Worm. This meant that our sensors, when filtered for void results recovered 37,472 stories, both written and spoken, 17,609 sightings, 34 statues and many more. What is even more exciting is that from the very first sighting the calibration of time passing to the location of the sightings (it is noted that only two of these “recorded” sightings are truthful) makes an expanding circle around the exact location that we inserted the Time Worm into. It has also been noticed that a name has been coined: Sphinx. However, over time and due to the mythical spread of the knowledge of the Time Worm many other names have been created to accommodate this creature into popular mythology. The original name belongs to the Egyptians: Sphinx, the myth then spread to the Far East where in Persian it is known as Martyaxwar and the Martichoras in India. It then returned back to Europe. The Greeks named the Time Worm the Androphagos and then by the English as Manticore. All names roughly translate to “man-eater”, we do not know if this is an appropriate description as such due to the Time Worm never displaying this trait while under our supervision. 

Due to this overwhelming success, and mass of mythology on the Time Worm it is now deemed safe to be used for further Time Angel Operations. The reason being that people acknowledge that the Time Worm is a myth and nothing more. Any person talking of a sighting of such a beast would be deemed insane and deluded. Despite this the Time Worm is still to be used with extreme stealth, one or two sightings are acceptable, one or two-hundred are not. Further experiments will be processed with the Time Worm and the results will be assessed.