Ch.2

Ch.2

You loved your job.

That was what you always said with a smile on your features and a passionate twinkle in your eyes. And for the most part, that was the truth. You adored helping young minds learn skills to cope with their everyday lives, especially the hero course students. You liked seeing how much more responsible and stable they would become by the time they graduated and knew how to properly use methods to make sure they were living a healthy lifestyle in both mind and body.

But, despite all the positives you got from your job, there were negatives as well. Sure the negatives were very much outweighed by the positives. It was almost a one to ten ratio if you were to give an estimate. But the negatives that existed were the kind that made your own mental health slip dramatically.

Your quirk, while made for this type of job, left quite the impression on you after the fact. You'd be fine during your teacher-student meetings, but as soon as the student left or the day was starting to end... that was when the repercussions of your quirk struck.

Your quirk raised your own emotions as a result but always had an affinity for the negative ones. Therefore, when you'd lock your office after the last appointment, or finally get back to your apartment, you couldn't help but fall onto your knees and let all the days emotions flow out of you.

You knew that it wasn't normal to feel this way every day, but you had gotten into a nasty habit of bawling your eyes out nearly every day. The only saving grace you could give yourself was that you had gotten pretty good at holding back your overflowing emotions until you were alone. But then, it was nothing but pained gasps and unended tears.

For the regular person, they would have just called it a frustrating day and aimed to be an even better hero and counselor/therapist tomorrow, but for you, the emotions became ten-fold. It would always start with your asking the impossible question of why kids were forced to grow up so soon nowadays and would go from there, eventually ending with you passing out sometime late in the night from the exhaustion that came from crying for hours.

You couldn't even remember the last time you ate dinner, seeing as these fits were so controlling you couldn't do anything. In fact, you had started a poor habit of not eating breakfast or dinner, as sleep was needed and often missing from your life. Thus, with little sleep, poor mental health, and only one meal and some light snacking... you continued on every day as if it was the most normal thing in the world for an adult in her late twenties.

Today was no different for you. You arrived an hour before the students were due to be in homeroom, but still late compared to your staff peers. They never commented on your constant late streak, which you were glad for.

Your office was the same as you had left it yesterday: books piled high, student files messily pushed into a cabinet, and pens and pencils not put back into their holder. The usual signs that you had rushed out of here yesterday after the music club ended and your teaching hours were done for the day.

You sighed, putting your bag down, and started to tidy the place up a little bit. It took you longer than it should, but you couldn't help it. You were dreading today. Today's schedule was jammed with hero course students who had just had a possible traumatic experience.

You shook your head at your negative thoughts, knowing they were nothing but the emotions that clung to the outcome of yesterday's sessions. Today was a new day though! You'd be a friendly and positive force in these students' lives and would make sure they were okay to laugh and smile today and tomorrow and beyond!

With a quick slapping of your cheeks and inhaling a calming breath, you huffed and removed the negativity as best you could from your mind. "Today will be a good day" you chanted in your head like a prayer.