Ch.9

Ch.9

"Come on! Come on!" Eri eagerly pulled at his hand, dragging him down the hallway as fast as her tiny legs could carry her.

Aizawa watched as she did so, still in disbelief that the little girl who was afraid and downtrodden a few months ago was now energetic, bubbly, and always smiling. It warmed Aizawa's heart in a way, knowing that Eri was already flourishing in her new environment. And even more so since she started attending music club after classes for the day finished.

Usually, Aizawa would have to stay an extra hour or so after formal classes ended, as the Hero Course had an extra period dedicated to specifically that- hero work/learning/practice. But today, his students were having All Might give them a lesson. So, Aizawa was no being dragged down UA's hallways with Eri.

Her long white braid bounced as she moved and Aizawa sighed. He somehow ended up as her father figure and the smile that Eri always gave him was too much for his tired heart at times. Today was most definitely one of those days where his heart had given in right away.

Eri had come in while he was grading some papers and poked her little head up above his desk in the teacher's office. She looked at him with her big and curious ruby eyes and Aizawa paused to give her some attention.

"I know how to play a song!" Eri spoke as soon as Aizawa was looking at her. "Will you come watch me play it?"

Aizawa blinked for a moment, seeing Eri gleam at him with so much hope, adoration, and sincerity that he couldn't help but put his pen down and nod. Eri jumped up and down eagerly as he stood up and soon he found that one of his hands was captured by hers and she was eagerly and swiftly leading him through UA to the usual music room.

It wasn't long until Aizawa had his hand back, seeing as they had arrived and Eri was now slowly opening the door to the music room. She gazed in and then gasped happily. She turned to Aizawa and jumped eagerly again.

"(Last Name)-sensei is in there! She taught me!" Eri explained.

Aizawa nodded and watched as Eri entered politely. No longer cautious, but walking with confidence under her manners. Aizawa followed in after her and closed the door. The room was empty aside from yourself and one other student.

You looked to be in the midst of explaining a certain piece to the girl who held a flute in her hands. She nodded a few times and then bowed to her sensei. The student grabbed her things and then left, giving a nod to Aizawa as she did so.

Eri approached you now, seeing as you were not talking anymore and she had waited patiently for you to focus on her. You blinked when you saw her dash up to you and point to the music sheets in your hand.

"I want to show Aizawa that I can play Little Bow Peep, can you help me please?" Eri asked you and you relented automatically.

"Ah, stop with the baby doll eyes, Eri!" You whined and led her to the piano. "They twinkle so much you'd think they were a second quirk..."

Eri giggled and sat herself up onto the piano bench as you placed the correct music sheet in front of Eri. She was only able to play the first thirty seconds or so, but it was rather adorable to see her sitting in front of this big instrument and placing her tiny hands onto the keys.

Eri looked at you and you nodded at her. The little girl nodded back at her and then cleared her throat, obviously taking this performance very seriously. She tapped a few random keys to stretch her fingers out and find the correct force to push the keys down and then inhaled softly.

Music came gently from the piano after that. A slow but familiar tune reaching the ears of both adults who watched the tiny girl play. It wasn't the greatest performance either of you had heard, as Eri wasn't always at the right tempo, going too quickly for some parts and too slow for others... but the smile she wore on her face when she could hear the music she was making all by herself was enough to make the pair of teachers around her smile proudly at her as well.