Ch.16

Ch.16

When you had texted Midnight and Present Mic on Aizawa's whereabouts, both had told you that he was assigned security duty tonight. It was a dull overtime role that made one of you members of staff stay up all night and make sure no one got into or left campus.

The only good thing was that it was optional to do. Thus you had only done so once or twice when another member of staff begged you to.

But Aizawa? He was on surveillance three to four days every week. Tonight was no different.

It was the late evening though and most students would be too preoccupied with dinner to cause much havoc, so you made your way to the little surveillance hub. You knocked and entered a moment later and sighed. Well, it wasn't like you were not expecting this. It was Aizawa after all.

He had energy drinks and coffees all around him and his sleeping bag was undone and he was using it as a blanket. He was staring at the screens, no doubt going to get dry eye from how he wasn't blinking.

"Aizawa." You spoke and he turned to look at you. "I was hoping to talk to you about something really quickly."

"Alright." He nodded to you and got up from his seat. "But be quick, these morons are going to get rowdy again when they all finish their meals."

You hummed and motioned for him to sit on the ground with you. He did and you inhaled slowly.

"Your students were worried about you today and Eri was sad she didn't get to see you as much today." You looked at him and the room. "How many times this week have you watched over campus?"

"Only Ectoplasm and Cementoss sighed up for this week, so I thought I'd take over the other five shifts. Even if four of them were right after another." He told you and rubbed at his eyes.

"No wonder you've been so tired." You started to lightly scold him. "You need sleep too and need to admit to both yourself and others when you are run ragged. That's what you told me. Huh?"

"This is different." Aizawa told you. "Too much has happened this year. They've all been in danger more times than they shoudl have. I want to prevent any more. So if it means losing a little sleep... its worth it if my students and all the students are safe."

You smiled. "You're really attached to your class this year, huh? I can see why... they all are pretty unique and very gung-ho about well... anything and everything."

"That's exactly why I am making sure they continue to follow the dreams they all have."

"They won't give up on them." You shook your head. "They are strong and have the best teacher to lead and watch over them. But... even their teacher needs a break."

Aizawa blinked in confusion as you suddenly moved him down until his head was on your lap. One of your hands started to run up and down his arm and he felt himself relax and start to give in to his sleepiness.

"I'll keep watch and you rest up." You told him. "I can make it easier for you to fall asleep if you'd like."

"No." He told you. "Don't use your quirk. Let me fall asleep naturally. Its been a long time since I've been able to do so."

"Okay." You told him but made no move to get up. "I'll just act as your pillow right now than. So, relax and sleep. You deserve it."

He didn't answer back but you knew he heard you. Slowly his body started to relax and you heard him let out a gentle huff. He must have realized he wouldn't win this fight especially with his exhaustion from the last three nights. So, Aizawa had decided to indulge you and catch at least an hour of sleep.