13.

Gaylord arrived a few days afterwards. 

"Your Majesty" Dusk said politely, "I trust your trip was well" 

"As well as it could be" Gaylord said, "I trust my sons are well?" 

Dusk smiled though Theo could tell from where he was watching on a balcony that Dusk meant no warmth by it, "Of course, let's get you settled in before dinner" 

Gaylord and Dusk entered the castle. Theo left the balcony and ran off to find Ty. 

~!~!~!~

At dinner, Theo kept his head down. 

Gaylord had been asking questions. Questions about Dusk, about Hell, about their marriage and Theo was honest. That Dusk had been a perfect gentleman, Hell was actually lovely and their marriage was going fine. 

"You expect me to believe that a demon is a gentleman?" Gaylord asked, seeming to not care that Dusk was right near him at the table. 

"Yes father" Theo said firmly and Gaylord quirked an eyebrow. 

"Very interesting..." 

"Dusk's a good dude" Chester said from where he sat and Gaylord looked over at him, narrowing his eyes, 

"Of course you think that" He said, going back to picking at his food as though he didn't trust it which made Theo smirk a little, "Now Ty, when will you be coming home?" 

Ty paled a little, "Um...I'd like to stay with Th-" 

"You need to be married, I know a lovely man" 

Ty bit his lip and Dusk spoke up, 

"Ty is no longer in your kingdom, I am his king and he may stay" 

"And I am his father" Gaylord hissed and Dusk dug his nails into the table, 

"Some father" Dusk hissed and Gaylord simply raised a brow, 

"What're you going to do? Murder me like you murdered your own father? Your own mother?" 

"Don't you speak of my mother!" Dusk snarled and Theo gently placed a hand on Dusk's arm, rubbing gently to calm him down. 

"Ah...yes I remember your mother...a lovely woman" Gaylord said, seeming to not notice or maybe ignore Dusk's dark eyes slowly turning white, "full of life...until she got with you" 

"Father" Theo said sternly and Gaylord looked at his son,

"What? I simply want you to know what your husband is" 

"Father may we talk?" Theo asked, standing up and Gaylord nodded, standing as well. 

"Lead the way" 

Theo nodded, heading out into the hall and Gaylord followed. 

"What is your issue?!" Theo hissed once they were alone, 

"I simply want you to know exactly what you married" 

"I've been married to him for years now father, why now?" 

"Simple, you kill the king and take over hell" 

Theo's angry expression gave way to one of shock, "Father-" 

"No buts, that king is a tyrant, murdering his own parents..." 

"He's a good king-" 

"He's a demon, he's a monster" 

"And angels are no better!" Theo shot back and Gaylord curled his lip, 

"I see he has poisoned your mind...I will give you a months time to kill him, if you do not, I'll do it myself" 

Gaylord walked off. Presumably to his room and Theo slumped before straightening back up and heading back into the dining room. 

He had an idea.