3.

Theo spent the next few days getting to know the castle with his brother.

They visited the stables, library, gardens and other rooms in the castle. All of the rooms were perfectly hellish, even if nothing was outright scary, Theo still felt his heart thrumming in his chest at every turn.

Dusk had turned out to be quite the good husband shockingly. He had told Theo that he was next in line for the throne due to his fathers health rapidly declining and his brother Chester being deemed too immature for the throne and upon meeting the man, Theo agreed heavily with that statement.

The day came quicker than Theo expected, the king being pronounced dead and the next thing Theo knew, he was at the coronation.

Theo expected everything to change once Dusk was crowned king. Surely the niceness and respect would stop yes?

But no, Dusk continued to be a good husband. Giving Theo space whenever he asked for it, threatening those who dared trifle with Theo and although Theo wanted to be angry at that, he instead found it quite attractive and almost sweet.

But demons didn't know how to be sweet.

"You're thinking again" Dusk said, bored tone leveling his voice and Theo huffed, glancing over at Dusk who hadn't even looked up from his book,

"So what if I am, is that a crime?"

"Of course not" Dusk said, turning the page of his book, "but you do pick at your nails when you think"

Theo looked down at his hands and scowled when he found Dusk's statement to be true. He tucked his hands into his pockets and looked out the libraries window onto the city below.

Theo had been cooped up in the castle since the coronation, not that Dusk commanded it or anything, he'd just been busy with Queen things.

"...Will you take me down there?" Theo asked and Dusk looked over, wrinkling his nose,

"Beg your pardon?"

"Will you take me to the city? I want to see it"

Dusk shrugged, "If that's what you want bunny"

Theo scowled once again at the nickname. A pesky thing that Dusk had insisted on calling him ever since he'd noticed Theo's nervous or angry habit of tapping his foot.

"Yes, it is what I'd like" Theo said, looking back out the window and Dusk nodded,

"Alright, we can go tomorrow"

"That was easy"

"Hm?"

"I was expecting you to want to keep me locked up in here, like some sort of prize"

Dusk just seemed amused by that, "Really?"

"Yes...you are a demon" Theo said and Dusk sighed,

"You have a lot to learn".

Theo didn't know what he meant.