4.

Dusk remained good on his promise and did in fact take Theo down to the city.

Granted they were flanked by guards but they were out nonetheless and the air was surprisingly clean for hell. Theo had expected much worse. 

There was a small market which Theo looked around. Foods, clothing and other items were sold there, Dusk followed at a respectable distance from Theo who looked around at things in fascination. 

"Dusk?" Theo asked, holding up a blade, "what is this made of?" 

Dusk walked over and looked at the blade. A long, thin, curved blade at the tip which confused Theo on what it was for, 

"It looks to be made from bone" 

Theo made a small face and put the blade down quickly, the shopkeeper spoke, 

"It is clean your majesty, all bones we use are cleaned thoroughly" 

"...I'll believe you" Theo nodded, looking at another blade before walking off again. Dusk following him closely. 

Theo looked around the city more. It looked a lot like a city he'd seen on earth once, maybe somewhere in Europe. Everything was cast in a reddish haze and people didn't look at him, mostly keeping their heads down, a few covered by hoods. 

When they returned home, Theo confronted Dusk, 

"Dusk, why do you let people wander freely?" 

Dusk raised an eyebrow, "Beg your pardon?" 

"The people...aren't they...bad?" 

Dusk smiled a bit at Theo, it wasn't condescending, it looked like Dusk was happy Theo wanted to know, "Not really" 

"But-" 

"The really bad people, the ones you think of, they are stuck in an eternity of torture" 

"So who's out in the city?" 

"Demons" Dusk said, "demons who were born, demons who were made from those who'd been fucked over" 

"What do you mean by that?" 

"I mean those who murdered in self defense, in revenge, on accident...that sort of thing" Dusk said, "Why hurt someone who's already hurting?". 

Theo fell silent, pressing his lips into a thin line as Dusk watched him before turning to leave, Theo grabbed his arm, Dusk looking mildly surprised at the contact as Theo usually went out of his way to avoid Dusk. The exceptions being meetings, meals and bedtime. 

"I...I want you to tell me" Theo said quietly, "about demons...your laws, your stories and such..." 

Dusk looked at Theo, his eyes going from wary to smiling with him, 

"And I'd love to tell you bunny".