07

The rain was pouring so heavily that I immediately got drenched from just the small way through my front yard

The rain was pouring so heavily that I immediately got drenched from just the small way through my front yard. Dad wasn't home like I predicted and I got changed into some pijama shorts and a hoodie my short hair hanging in wet strands around my face.

Esme the cooking maid already prepared dinner for me and the whole house smells like spagetthi or more like heaven to me. I heated up my plate and took it with me to my room so I can start to work on some homework because I have this night off at the club which means I can get some sleep in finally. If I can fall asleep.

The patter of the rain against my window is a constant sound and I put some soft music on so I can try and tune it out. I don't get far with my homework until I hear some clattering in the kitchen. Did Esme forget something? She usually comes here cooking a meal and leaves afterwards.

I shrug my shoulders and decide to ignore it but after a few seconds I hear something crash making me jump. "Dad?" I call out because maybe he came home early from work. I don't get an answer and a creepy suspicion moves inside of me. I crawl over to my phone and shut the music down so I can focus on the sounds downstairs.

The rain still hasn't slowed down which means that my ears are a bit distracted from that sound. I clutch my phone in my hand when I hear footsteps downstairs and I stand up to walk towards my door while the strum of my heart gets quicker and louder every second.

I creep into the hall as quietly as I can while I open up the contacts on my phone searching for Zayne's number. I press on the button to call him while I slowly make my way towards the stairs that lead down.

I peak around the corner but I just can catch the entrance of the kitchen where I can see barely anything. The phone is still clutched to my ear but it seems like Zayne is busy. I curse internally and hang up while I listen for more sounds.

The house lays in it's usual silence but I swear I didn't imagine those sounds. I swallow down my fear and quietly rush down the steps stopping at the side of the wall so I can peek into the kitchen. When I turn around the corner my tensed up muscles loosen themselves in the same second when I realize Esme forgot to close the window in the kitchen.

"God Sof you're such a baby." I mumble to myself while I walk inside and see that the opened window let the strong wind inside which knocked a glass over that lays splintered on the ground. That was the crashing sound I heard. Now I'm even getting paranoid if Emma was here she would've laughed her ass off at me.

I slowly make my way around the glass so it doesn't cut into my foot and climb up on the counter to close the window. It's so cold in the kitchen and I wonder why I didn't nice the opened window when I was getting my food.

After a few minutes the floor is cleaned from the shards and my heart rate is finally back to it's normal state. Until a hard knock is heard against the door the same time as loud thunder crashes around the sky. I flinch and let out a scared breath but try to calm down again. Zayne probably saw my phone call and was worried so he came to check on me.